I have many pistols but this one's my favorite

Pale_Rider

Feb 16, 2019
US
Out of the 8 pistols I own, the Zoraki(Alecto) is my favorite to shoot. Sure it’s not as convenient and easy to use as my pcps or co2 pistols and it’s only single shot. But it’s the most comfortable grip out of all my pistols. And the accuracy is phenomenal. 

Today I swapped out the .22 barrel for a .177 barrel and it did not disappoint! Lost a bit of power because of the smaller caliber and the barrel is shorter but the accuracy is still there. With four pumps it shoots the 8.4 gr JSB @635 fps. 3 pumps @574 fps.

10 shots @25 yards using 3 pumps

9ECE2678-5AEB-4939-B1FC-605D55FDD829.1621996361.jpeg

Got to love the Zoraki pistols for sure. Very simple design, wonderful triggers, great sights and no maintenance to speak of. Hard to beat all of that in a very accurate and fairly lightweight package. As good as they shoot they deserve a scope for the best they can give, at longer distances, accuracy wise.

Edit;

Oops fergot to say very nice shooting for that range.

Sure is nice, thanks

Very nice indeed! Congratulations on a great addition to your collection. What do you think of its trigger? And I notice you have it scoped. Any thoughts about its irons?

Thanks I’ve had it for a year now and have grown very fond of it. I think the trigger is good. First and second stage can be adjusted, and so can trigger pull. The iron sights are excellent. Solid clicks for windage and elevation. The front sight has a smaller sight and larger sight that can be changed quickly by flipping it. This is the ultimate MSP target pistol

biohazardman

Got to love the Zoraki pistols for sure. Very simple design, wonderful triggers, great sights and no maintenance to speak of. Hard to beat all of that in a very accurate and fairly lightweight package. As good as they shoot they deserve a scope for the best they can give, at longer distances, accuracy wise.

Edit;

Oops fergot to say very nice shooting for that range.

Thanks Bio. I like the irons for it but like you say, it’s so dang accurate it feels naked without a scope

Great work, L!

Thanks Gasman

Humm, never heard of one of these pistols. Definitely gonna check it out.

Check the search engine here for Zoraki aka Alecto and check out some YouTube vids on it. You won’t regret buying this pistol.

Thanks Bio. I like the irons for it but like you say, it’s so dang accurate it feels naked without a scope

Thanks Gasman

Tried a scope on mine and did not like it, I prefer to shoot bullseye style, standing up, unsupported and cannot find a scope with a long enough eye relief, plus it gets heavy with a scope, heavy to start with but with one impossible, at least for me to hold steady.

Check the search engine here for Zoraki aka Alecto and check out some YouTube vids on it. You won’t regret buying this pistol.

I honestly believe they would have had a much greater fan base and 10 times the sales if they had gone for a more traditional styling. I have shot one, and agree with the positive comments above, but us older timers struggle with the space commando looks of a lot of this new stuff.
Imagine for a minute if they had stuck the same internal mechanism into something like a HW75 case, or even a cylinder under barrel case akin to a Tempest…..maybe some walnut grips…..world beating.
I often wonder why HW did not explore a double pump valve for the HW75 …The Zoraki would never have had a market, but they did not and the Zoraki the only gun of this type on the market.

Last edited: