I have a question ?

I've wondered for a while why people who make videos or post pictures of themselves handling items like Knives, firearms and more to the point Air guns, especially air pistols and revolvers choose to wear gloves while doing so, OK, I can understand people who are showing off valuable antiques or even safe queen knives and firearms, but it puzzles my mind to click on a video review of someone displaying a $70.00 Glock 19 gen 3 non blowback Co2 BB pistol while wearing a pair of thick unsightly work gloves.
And the kicker for me is that most aren't even wearing good looking gloves some wear thick black rubber gloves, others wear nylon or leather work gloves, surely they can't afraid of leaving finger prints on the them, or marring the finish, anybody have a clue ?

Probably because they might get the guns on loan from a dealer and dont want to finger print them up before returning them would be my guess.
Hmmmm..
Finger prints can be wiped off, and trying to handel anything with gloves is tough. I know of no gun or knife that after being handled with bare hands, can't be wiped off clean as new.
I have never noticed anybody I have been around wearing gloves working with a knife or firearm/pellet rifle.
Maybe it's a fad, or the look cool thing to do...for some?

4d9c8dba-791f-421e-8023-3f2bb341c23d_text.gif

I've wondered for a while why people who make videos or post pictures of themselves handling items like Knives, firearms and more to the point Air guns, especially air pistols and revolvers choose to wear gloves while doing so, OK, I can understand people who are showing off valuable antiques or even safe queen knives and firearms, but it puzzles my mind to click on a video review of someone displaying a $70.00 Glock 19 gen 3 non blowback Co2 BB pistol while wearing a pair of thick unsightly work gloves.
And the kicker for me is that most aren't even wearing good looking gloves some wear thick black rubber gloves, others wear nylon or leather work gloves, surely they can't afraid of leaving finger prints on the them, or marring the finish, anybody have a clue ?
Immediately coming to my mind is the possibility the handler was working on one or more of the airguns at the time, hence the gloves. Also, some especially prolific shooters may wear gloves while handling lead pellets to minimize exposure. To me, it's not something so commonplace that I'd consider it unusual, but nothing wrong with being curious (unless maybe you're a cat). ;-)

Hey guys? Let's take a step back, OK?

I'm a burn survivor, my hands in frame without gloves are a distraction to the video and people tend to be acid towards those that look different than they do.

I'm not a lepper or a germaphobe but I am a an airgun surgeon.... at times. :giggle: