• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX I have a question for fx Panthera owners

I am really looking to buy a fx dynamic or Panthera and I like the Panthera a lot more than the dynamic because of the adjustability of the stock but the only thing that has me concerned is the bottle being in the way of my wrist and being very uncomfortable if it helps I'm a slightly bigger than average guy 6ft tall 250 lbs my arms and wrists are not fat I have more of a working mans build any input would be greatly appreciated

The bottle has never been in the way on the Panthera. The vertical grip configuration keeps it well away. Shot count is the only difference between your 2 picks. If you aren’t going to competitive shoot I would go with the Dynamic
I'm 6'4 with very large hands, Panthera fits my hands and feels very nice. It took a little bit to get used to the vertical grip as I'm a big AR guy but quickly adapted.
This is very helpful I really appreciate it and I am not doing competition shooting but I do like a comfortable cheekweld and with either of these guns I am going to put a 700cc bottle on the front as I shoot a lot from the bench and I really enjoy shooting 200 to 300 plus yds

I had questions about length of pull and the Dynamic. Alamo Air Guns of San Antonio sent me this picture. The length of pull is adjustable on the Dynamic.
20230718_153700.jpg

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
I am really looking to buy a fx dynamic or Panthera and I like the Panthera a lot more than the dynamic because of the adjustability of the stock but the only thing that has me concerned is the bottle being in the way of my wrist and being very uncomfortable if it helps I'm a slightly bigger than average guy 6ft tall 250 lbs my arms and wrists are not fat I have more of a working mans build any input would be greatly appreciated
The only time the Panthera 300cc bottle gets in the way (a little) is when you switch it out for a 300-bar bottle. Those bottles are about 3/4 inch longer than the 250 bar bottles... My .25 cal. 600mm at 87 FPE gets 20 to 22 shots from a 250-bar fill, so I don't need the 300-bar bottle. I tried one then took it off and reinstalled the stock bottle.

The only time the Panthera 300cc bottle gets in the way (a little) is when you switch it out for a 300-bar bottle. Those bottles are about 3/4 inch longer than the 250 bar bottles... My .25 cal. 600mm at 87 FPE gets 20 to 22 shots from a 250-bar fill, so I don't need the 300-bar bottle. I tried one then took it off and reinstalled the stock bottle.
Hadn’t heard that. Thanks!

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
That's good to know about the 300 bar bottle being longer I never knew that and by the way that is a smoking setup you have there what is your reg pressure at

Shooting the Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain slugs at 885 fps, I have my reg about 132-133 bar, and the micro at about 3.5, or slightly higher. Doesn't matter what the macro is at since they both affect the same thing. If I fill to 250 bar, usually 265 and let it settle to 250, I can get 22 shots when its colder out and 20 shots when its hotter. Thats why I say 20 to 22 shots per 250 bar fill down to 150 bar. I use the Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) Pugio moderator.
If you do buy a .25 Dynamic or Panther in 600mm, don't get caught up in the speed fetish. Those Altaros slugs are designed around 850 to 900 fps. Much faster than that and you might not like them much. But I'd much rather shoot a 0.21 BC slug at 900 fps than a 0.13 BC slug at 1000 fps. As long as accuracy is equivalent (or better with the Altaros), that's a no brainer...

Reactions: Ranchibi
Shooting the Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain slugs at 885 fps, I have my reg about 132-133 bar, and the micro at about 3.5, or slightly higher. Doesn't matter what the macro is at since they both affect the same thing. If I fill to 250 bar, usually 265 and let it settle to 250, I can get 22 shots when its colder out and 20 shots when its hotter. Thats why I say 20 to 22 shots per 250 bar fill down to 150 bar. I use the Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) Pugio moderator.
If you do buy a .25 Dynamic or Panther in 600mm, don't get caught up in the speed fetish. Those Altaros slugs are designed around 850 to 900 fps. Much faster than that and you might not like them much. But I'd much rather shoot a 0.21 BC slug at 900 fps than a 0.13 BC slug at 1000 fps. As long as accuracy is equivalent (or better with the Altaros), that's a no brainer...

Wow see that is exactly why I want a Panthera I have a FX Maverick with a 700mm barrel and a 700cc bottle and my reg is set at 165 bar and I get about 48 shots at 87fpe that's absolutely amazing how efficient that gun is and how easily it makes power fx really knew what they were doing with the Panthera.