I have a conundrum on PCP value?

I think a big thing people overlook is due dilligence. Doing your homework. You don't always get what you pay for. More so with some brands than others. Hatsan is probably the most expensive brand I can think of with the worst quality.

Even brands and models that are touted as, spoken of, fitting the bill appreance and spec-wise as being "high quality" will unltimately fall short if there are unresolved issues within the manufacturer, or possibly the retailer.

Personally, my favorite gun out of my lot is an FX, but it is quite a few years old now. A mk1, gen 3 Crown. In my opinion, and experience, one of the last TRULY high quality guns they sold. Seemed much after the mfg date, their quality overall started to decline, and by multiple sources, appears to still be down.

I stripped mine down upon recieveing it, and that thing was as flawless as you can get, front to back, side to side. Inside and out. Very nice finish on it, and also very durable. Seriously doubt I'll ever part with it.

That said, there are tons of high end guns I have not owned. But if you read into it enough, long enough, you will be able to tell which ones have the least issues, are liked the most, perform exceptionally, are built correctly, ect.

In my opinion, if you can float the bill, it is absolutely worth it to buy a TRULY high quality gun.

View attachment 452202
Unfortunately right about Hatsan … and I own one haha

• Haha
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I have air rifles I've paid $120 for used (thanks again Daryl boy) all the way up to a impact mk2. Only 2 are chicomm guns and 1 had a barrel that was drilled off center enough that I couldn't use the moderator because it clipped so bad. My Korean Sumatra has been gold. Only had problems with it leaking from the fill foster because the Oring stuck to the check valve seat. Easy fix unlike the Oring replacement for the impact regulator bore. What a PITA. I've got to say though my liberty has got to be the easiest PCP I have to work on. I hate the C1 on the impact. Biggest problem I've had with chicom PCPs is getting parts. Oh, I forgot, I have 3 chicom PCPs. I forgot about that POS Aspen which wasn't right from the start but because it was my first PCP I just lived with it. Now it's just a $400 paper weight.🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
I have air rifles I've paid $120 for used (thanks again Daryl boy) all the way up to a impact mk2. Only 2 are chicomm guns and 1 had a barrel that was drilled off center enough that I couldn't use the moderator because it clipped so bad. My Korean Sumatra has been gold. Only had problems with it leaking from the fill foster because the Oring stuck to the check valve seat. Easy fix unlike the Oring replacement for the impact regulator bore. What a PITA. I've got to say though my liberty has got to be the easiest PCP I have to work on. I hate the C1 on the impact. Biggest problem I've had with chicom PCPs is getting parts. Oh, I forgot, I have 3 chicom PCPs. I forgot about that POS Aspen which wasn't right from the start but because it was my first PCP I just lived with it. Now it's just a $400 paper weight.🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ditch it, one man's treasure...