Kral Arms I happened upon a slug gun

so my 22 bottle gun I made needed a stock since it was sharing the bighorn stock with my 357 np03 bottle gun.

I ended using one of the mauser stocks I picked up a month ago. I was in a hurry and honestly didn't care, so I just cut the stock and inletted for the action block.

Came up with this for now. I will add some wood back around the drop block and give it a darker stain, kind of like a BSA R10 or something. That's right where I want to grip it, so I gotta cover that block.

1000007136.jpg

1000007140.jpg

I got home and wanted to try the H&N slug samplers I got for the 60 fpe rifle I built that's now in limbo. This rig was currently shooting 21 grain baracuda 5.52s at 850ish, so I matched that up with the 21 grain .218 which is 5.53mm

Go outside and the neighbor is out. He's totally chill about shooting, but had company so I abstained. Lucky I got a chance right at sundown. I was surprised to see the 21s were one hole at 15 yards, so I pushed out to 25 yards and it stayed to pretty much one ragged hole, even with the crappy scope and low light.

I tossed in some 23 gr to see how they'd do, and they shot just a half mildot lower but still center left to right. These kral barrel usually fight me with slugs.

I tested over the chrony, and the 21s are still holding 850 fps which I found interesting, since usually when I try slugs they are slower than their same weight pellet counterpart.

I ordered a 4-12x40 BSA Sweet 22 scope to replace the CVLife 3-9x40 that's on there. It's the same size and the sunshade should fit too. I've had positive luck with the Sweet 2-7x32, very good scope for the money, so I hope it's bigger brother doesn't disappoint.

Oh yeah, this guy is exactly 36" long, weighs maybe 6.5lbs but front heavy(300 bar thick aluminum bottle), and has a pretty quiet report. Thankfully the bottle doesn't ping really bad like my 25 and 357.

Further testing, pics, and groups to come!

Last edited:
Cool little rifle. I’m sure it’s going to be really nice to handle when you get it finished.

I have Knight that has been the same way with several different slugs. Just seems to like slugs as much as pellets.
You got lucky then! I've had at least a dozen krals, currently own 6, and only 2 have liked slugs to the point I'm willing to buy them as a staple ammo. Sadly my 357 doesn't like them, but it will stack polymags so that's a trade off!

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas