"I Gotta Say It Was A Good Day" 🔫🤘😀

1586280489_594853095e8cb82939adf4.61163086.jpg

I've been 'isolated' for way longer than this whole Coronageddon / Coronapocalypse has been around, 
so it was damn time that I got out - before I went completely stir crazy. That said, I gotta' say, It was a good day! 
[Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day playing in my head] 🤣

I drove the 1.5 hour trip to my sportsman's club, lucked out, and caught someone inside.. 
Not only was I able to re-up my membership for the this year, I was also able to use the facility in 100% capacity. 

I only brought one setup though.. Impact MKii .22 and Bushnell Scope: Perfect time to rough-dial them in..

Someone took out the 50 yard stand, so I was limited to 25 yard, 
I also forgot targets [derp] but lucked out, and someone had left some squirrel targets behind.. Score. 

Meh weather, Cold, a bit of wind, but, overall a great trip out, and IMO, also Very Relaxing.

Without fail, I ran into issues with my Sideshot / Galaxy Note8 combo, but, 
any footage is better than no footage.. Here is a boring toaster-quality vid [testing a new editing app]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgcxvhfrXo&feature=youtu.be 

😀👍

Sam -

Guys, you absolutely nailed it!
Thank you! And well said! I was beyond stoked to finally be able to play with some new equipment, 
and even better - Play with it all outdoors! I most definitely needed that!

I also forgot to mention..
At the end of the video, you can hear some 'loud shots'... They were from a guy shooting pistols near by... 
He stopped over to the rifle-pit as I was packing up, and curiosity got the best of him.. 
He had to ask: "What in the world were you shooting???" 
He said that all he could hear was the target being hit, but nothing else, so he was really confused..

I showed him the setup, explained PCP setups from A-to-Z, and he seemed Very Interested! 
It was nice to meet a new person who loves shooting-sports, and it would be even nicer 
if I found out that I may have just converted someone else over to the dark-side. haha

Time will tell.

😀👍

Sam -

Matt, what a buzzkill! 

Yeah, I'm hearing more and more of ranges closing.. Unreal..
I just figured that if they shut down my club also, I'd do the next best thing and hit up state-land. 
Actually, I ended up doing that too, and found some nice new trails aside from the crazy ones I used to drive back in my high school days.. 
So not only did I get to have fun torturing my vehicle, I hit a few new places to shoot. I even spotted someone else's targets out there..

Hey, I just checked.. The Syracuse Carrier Dome is marked 'temporarily closed'...
We should meet up and sneak in there for some nice indoor long-range plinking! [Or maybe not]

🤣👍

Sam -

Matt, what a buzzkill! 

Yeah, I'm hearing more and more of ranges closing.. Unreal..
I just figured that if they shut down my club also, I'd do the next best thing and hit up state-land. 
Actually, I ended up doing that too, and found some nice new trails aside from the crazy ones I used to drive back in my high school days.. 
So not only did I get to have fun torturing my vehicle, I hit a few new places to shoot. I even spotted someone else's targets out there..

Hey, I just checked.. The Syracuse Carrier Dome is marked 'temporarily closed'...
We should meet up and sneak in there for some nice indoor long-range plinking! [Or maybe not]

🤣👍

Sam -

Don't feel too bad for me, I can still walk out into my backyard and punch paper out to 65 yards. 👍 😋

Guys, here's a little spec-update:

The setup: Impact MKii w/ Power Plenum, 600mm, Pellet Liner, w/ DonnyFL Ronin suppressor. 
I upgraded to the 580cc CF bottle, and also thew a Sabre Tactical Ambidextrous Cocking block on [and swapped the lever to the left]
I also used their Cheek-Riser, and for the butt-pad/stock, I went with a Kraford & Lypt KLS-2 [the 2nd time around]
**Originally, I went with a Precision Rifle System [PRS] X-Pro Gen-2 [Claw] but, it would not allow for use of the cheek-riser, 
so I ended up using the K&L setup instead.
Up top, I'm using a HHA Sports Optimizer Speed Dial Crossbow Sight System [dials in custom elevations]
and the scope is a Bushnell Nitro 6-24x 50mm. Then a Side-Shot-Scope-Cam setup on that: Galaxy Note 8 to film..
As always, I'm using a UTG Heavy Duty Recon 360 Bipod, mounted via a custom setup that I threw together.. 
30mm carbon fiber tube @ 6" length to extend the bipod location. Held w/ 1 QR picatinny/30mm clamp, and 1 30mm QR clamp.
[I've done a few setups like this for different rifles, and it rocks for bench-rest-shooting, as it helps to better stabilize the rifle]

😊👍

Sam -

PS: From day one / delivery, I've been having issues with either the gauges or the regulator,
so I still have to get that all figured out so that I can do a proper 'tune'.
That current rough-tune was on max power, reg dialed to 100bar, and pushing JSB Hades really close to 880fps 
[I also have some of the new FX Hybrids to try out, but, I'll have to ramp things up a bit [re-tune ] before that]

Sound-Report: Hahaha yeah, the thing is definitely stupid-quiet. 
And that's with the Ronin. I think my Emperor V3 would be a bit overkill. 😀

This "Covid 19 Plandemic / Scamdemic" is causing me to lose the rest of my mind.. [not that I had much there to being with]
That, and I think that it might just have caused me to start drinking again.. Or maybe just a little more than usual?!

Here's a shot of my break-table:

1586629686_12656627305e920c36d90283.02248727.jpg

I think it's just about time for another round of 'hydraulic lunch'!

**Salud!**

🤣👍

Sam -