I got my Western Airguns Sidewinder back from repair service.

Thanks, Is taking the end cap and moderator cover off necessary to remove the OEM baffles and mount from the shroud? I guess having the cover off gives you more to grip? I assume WA wants that unit to stay together when you want to access the barrel and that's why it all so tight.
If the stock adapter and moderator thread off the barrel, you should be all set to install aftermarket adapter and your moderator.

If the stock adapter and moderator thread off the barrel, you should be all set to install aftermarket adapter and your moderator.
I have everything off the barrel I just can't get the shroud off the moderator & OEM adapter. Need to get my new adapter into the shroud, screw that assembly onto the barrel and then my Fatboy onto the new adapter. It appears the AOA adapter just press fits into the shroud.
IMG_1045.jpeg

I have everything off the barrel I just can't get the shroud off the moderator & OEM adapter. Need to get my new adapter into the shroud, screw that assembly onto the barrel and then my Fatboy onto the new adapter. It appears the AOA adapter just press fits into the shroud.View attachment 356842
Put a strap wrench around the knurled muzzle adapter. Then put the baffle insert in a vise(or vice grips). Put a leather belt in the jaws of the vise to prevent damage. You can buy a cheap strap wrench on amazon

I have everything off the barrel I just can't get the shroud off the moderator & OEM adapter. Need to get my new adapter into the shroud, screw that assembly onto the barrel and then my Fatboy onto the new adapter. It appears the AOA adapter just press fits into the shroud.View attachment 356842
You should not need to. The AOA adapter should thread onto the barrel inside the barrel shroud, then screw the Fatboy onto the end of the AOA adapter.

The OEM moderator assembly is pressed into the CF barrel shroud so tightly (or possibly glued) on my rifle that I could not get it out. I talked to a tech at AOA and he said some of them are this way. I'm going to get another barrel shroud when they get them back in stock and use that one with the new adapter/DonnyFL. AOA evidently sold right out of the replacement barrel shrouds, I'm not surprised. Thanks again for everyone's help here.

The OEM moderator assembly is pressed into the CF barrel shroud so tightly (or possibly glued) on my rifle that I could not get it out. I talked to a tech at AOA and he said some of them are this way. I'm going to get another barrel shroud when they get them back in stock and use that one with the new adapter/DonnyFL. AOA evidently sold right out of the replacement barrel shrouds, I'm not surprised. Thanks again for everyone's help here.
I munged up the finish on the cap on mine, trying to get the muzzle cap and shroud off. No way I am trying to pull off that press on moderator thing. I'm waiting for a replacement shroud too...I ended up having to get a 1.0 metric tap and scrape at the inside and outside muzzle cap threads to even get mine back together. somehow a bunch of the threads were flattened.

Rather than wait for AoA to get some Sidewinder barrel shrouds in stock I made my own. These tubes on Amazon are the exact same dimensionally as the OEM shroud and the DonnyFL adaptor fits it perfectly. I bought some plastic plugs and drilled one to the exact same size as the OEM bushing. I just shot it today with my homemade shroud setup, DonnyFL Fatboy & muzzle break and the rifle is a good bit quieter. Accuracy is identical to stock setup so it's all good.

Tubes:

Endplugs:

Sung: how did you separate the moderator cover from the baffles? Does the end cap unscrew or pop
The end cap is screwed to the baffle and the baffle is screwed to the barrel. So just unscrew the end cap that will allow you to remove the CF sleeve that covers the baffle, see picture. Then, unscrew the baffle, which is attached to the barrel. Once the baffle and outer barrel assembly is detached from the barrel, the baffle just pops out.

I am using a Huma Mod-40 Compact on mine with no issues using full auto. I really don't see how a moderator could lead to an air dump - there is no feedback from air pressure in the shroud on anything, unlike other guns. I've even shot it full auto with an empty mag with the moderator pressed hard into the carpet as a sound test and had no issues - that must build up some pressure in the shroud and moderator . . .