I got my Western Airguns Sidewinder back from repair service.

the end cap on the moderator screws off. allegedly. i got mine off and had to order some metric tap and die set to clean up the threads enough to get it back on.
So is that a metric thread on the end of the barrel then? If owner's had an idea of what size thread was there an adapter, aftermarket moderator and sleeve tensioning system could be readily adapted. Those Silent Thunder Ordinance moderators are quite, plus they'd probably thread a hole/adapter to fit.

Sung: how did you separate the moderator cover from the baffles? Does the end cap unscrew or pop
You have to unscrew. The baffle and shroud are attached to the barrel by a proprietary part and the barrel is not a 1/2 inch UNF so there is no suppressor yet. But you have to be very careful when you unscrew the baffle/shroud because you may unscrew the barrel which would cause an air leakage, I'm telling you that because that's what happened to me. You can easily tell because there is a strong blowback of air to your cheek from the rear of the magazine.

20230307_081033.jpg

20230307_081253.jpg

You have to unscrew. The baffle and shroud are attached to the barrel by a proprietary part and the barrel is not a 1/2 inch UNF so there is no suppressor yet. But you have to be very careful when you unscrew the baffle/shroud because you may unscrew the barrel which would cause an air leakage, I'm telling you that because that's what happened to me. You can easily tell because there is a strong blowback of air to your cheek from the rear of the magazine.

View attachment 352820

View attachment 352821
How long is the stock moderator assembly? thanks!

I'm having trouble unscrewing the end cap on the OEM moderator. I removed the entire shroud/moderator assembly by unscrewing all of it off the barrel. The barrel seems secure and did not appear to move in that process. The endcap on the moderator seem tightened down pretty good to the point I can't untighten it by hand. I don't have pliers I trust to grab it without scarfing it up. Is there a special tool for that or am I missing something?

I bought the AOA adapter and want to try another suppressor I have on the rifle.

Thanks,

Rich

What's holding the moderator & mount assembly (circled in red) in the shroud? Does the cap at the back of the moderator thread into the shroud somehow or is this assembly just kind of press fit in. If I can get this off the shroud I don't need to disassemble the moderator. This adaptor I've got appears to just slip into the shroud.

View attachment assembly pic.pdf

I'm having trouble unscrewing the end cap on the OEM moderator. I removed the entire shroud/moderator assembly by unscrewing all of it off the barrel. The barrel seems secure and did not appear to move in that process. The endcap on the moderator seem tightened down pretty good to the point I can't untighten it by hand. I don't have pliers I trust to grab it without scarfing it up. Is there a special tool for that or am I missing something?

I bought the AOA adapter and want to try another suppressor I have on the rifle.

Thanks,

Rich
I wrapped the jaws of a pair of Channel Locks in electrical tape and it unscrewed, no issues or marks.

Reactions: GTSdvr
What's holding the moderator & mount assembly (circled in red) in the shroud? Does the cap at the back of the moderator thread into the shroud somehow or is this assembly just kind of press fit in. If I can get this off the shroud I don't need to disassemble the moderator. This adaptor I've got appears to just slip into the shroud.

View attachment 356835
The adapter is treaded onto the end of the barrel and threaded into the original moderator. If you have the aftermarket adapter, it will thread onto barrel inside barrel shroud. Thread you moderator onto the end.

IMG_6791.jpeg

Reactions: GTSdvr
I wrapped the jaws of a pair of Channel Locks in electrical tape and it unscrewed, no issues or marks.
Thanks, Is taking the end cap and moderator cover off necessary to remove the OEM baffles and mount from the shroud? I guess having the cover off gives you more to grip? I assume WA wants that unit to stay together when you want to access the barrel and that's why it all so tight.