• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning I got my new Vulcan 3 500mm in .22 :-)

Holy cow - it's a shooter! ( lol ) :)

I literally just got home an hour ago ( 8:30'ish pm ) from my local range where I can get out to just a little beyond 100 yards. Absolutely *beautiful* weather today.

I took delivery of it today @work and it sat in the car unboxed all day until I got home.

I got home, grabbed a bipod and scope that I had set aside for it, cleaning patches and cleaning solution, ballistol for post clean and off to the range we ( Molly my dog ) and I went. First thing(s) I did was fit the bipod onto it, pulled the shroud off and gave the barrel a good cleaning with patchworm patches. After happy with clean patches coming through it I sent one through that was oiled up with ballistol and called it good. Put the shroud back on, loaded up the magazines ( 18g H&N pellets ), put a target out at 30 yards and started figuring out where it was shooting. Cutting to the chase - in short order I was drilling the bullseye's at 30, 40 and 50. Just for the heck of it I set up a target out at 100. I had NO idea where 100 would be as I don't have it in my strelok yet but I know from experience with my sluggers that 100 is typically 26-30 clicks up ( Blackhound mildot scopes ) so I just went 30. I like to use those 8" diameter Birchwood Casey Shoot-n-see splatter targets out at longer ranges as, well, you can see where you're hitting. I suspected that (if) I did put it on the target that it would be low as pellets won't fly as well as slugs and sure enough - I hit it and it was a bit low - I guessed about 8 clicks. So I dialed it up 8 and sent another one - now a little high. Sent one more - "damn . . . practically touching - holy crap . . ." ( big smile coming over my face ) I dialed it down 1 - and promptly put 3 shots strung vertically, two of them touching and the 3rd only a pellet or two's with away. Nice . . . this things a shooter. Obviously it's got to be broken in with lots more shots put through it but - initial impression - I'm a happy camper. :)

Questions for you guys who own one:

It ships with a "fill whip" thing . . . do I have to use that or can I just connect the probe to the end of my hose on my scuba tank like I do my other guns ( Taipans, HW100, AA S510, etc ... ) and just fill it? I'm hoping the latter.

The buttpad - is it adjustable at all? ( again - I've literally owned it for less than a day - even less so had it out of the box - for maybe three hours now . . lol )

^^ on the buttpad - like my taipans - the LOP might be a little short'ish - assumption is that I could replace the stock one with some sort of adjustable one that would get me an extra inch or so of LOP plus some vertical adjustment too?

Oh ( taipans ) - the trigger. It's pretty nice right out of the box - not bad actually. It ain't nothing like my taipans though, or my RTI's for that matter - both of which I will say I've spent some time on and have those things *crisp* and *really* nice. ( for me - others might not like them - we all have different tastes in this dept I suspect ) Is the trigger on this Vulcan 3 adjustable and can it be "dialed" ala Taipan / RTI'ish?

-=- jd -=-

jd,

Well done, Sir, looks like you have another shooter! That "fill whip thing" came with my Uragan, as well, it just sits in a drawer now. My two Taipans and the Uragan use the same fill probe, think the V3 is the same. I'm impatiently waiting for the synthetic V3 .30 Long to be released, don't want any more wood stocks. I was banging the Taipan "Synthetic stock" drum a while ago, for same reasons as your recent post, but those Taipans are so cherished by their owners, manufacturer isn't likely to change anything. Best of Luck with your new gun, I've a slight tinge of green, at the moment. WM

I dont use the provided fill station, i just put the fill probe on a foster fitting so i can use the same fill line on the V3 and my Maverick.

IMG_20220513_124139.1652438600.jpg

The butt pad have a little adjustment option in the up / down direction, loosen the hex screw there and you can do it.

I recall the trigger is adjustable on the V3, i just have not messed with it.

I just recently picked up a V3 in 700 too (.22). I'm not running moderators on either of them, but then again I'm running both of mine quite a bit "less hot" than some of you are. I'm currently burning through a bunch of 18g H&N pellets with the 500 and it shoots them really well out to 85 yards ( could likely go further I just haven't ranged it / attempted to take a pigeon beyond that yet ) I'm running 27.5g NSA's out of the 700 @985'ish.

I just recently picked up a V3 in 700 too (.22). I'm not running moderators on either of them, but then again I'm running both of mine quite a bit "less hot" than some of you are. I'm currently burning through a bunch of 18g H&N pellets with the 500 and it shoots them really well out to 85 yards ( could likely go further I just haven't ranged it / attempted to take a pigeon beyond that yet ) I'm running 27.5g NSA's out of the 700 @985'ish.
Which diameter you use i tried all nsa they shot bad also the fit very tight