I got my alkin today..

You can add a desiccant filter at the input as well, just ensure there is no restriction.
Desiccant filters on intake side don’t really do anything. They require a dwell time. The best way to drop incoming humidity is running it through a chiller to make the air condensate and that’s not practical for small home compressors or even large commercial compressors. A compressor intake needs unrestricted air flow. If you do anything to try and dry incoming air be sure to install a differential pressure gauge so you can assure you aren’t starving the intake at all.

Desiccant filters on intake side don’t really do anything. They require a dwell time. The best way to drop incoming humidity is running it through a chiller to make the air condensate and that’s not practical for small home compressors or even large commercial compressors. A compressor intake needs unrestricted air flow. If you do anything to try and dry incoming air be sure to install a differential pressure gauge so you can assure you aren’t starving the intake at all.
I suppose because they are sold is not enough to justify effectiveness, ok. However, I would not say they don't really do anything, probably just not as much.
Other than that, yes, everything you said.

dess.jpg

Desiccant filters on intake side don’t really do anything. They require a dwell time.
That's my understanding as well. Starting the intake hose indoors seems the simplest way to start with less humid air.
Not going to sweat it too much- pretty robust water separation & filtration on these units.

Reactions: Feinwerk
I suppose because they are sold is not enough to justify effectiveness, ok. However, I would not say they don't really do anything, probably just not as much.
Other than that, yes, everything you said.

View attachment 268887
Yeah, that Air Venturi drier is a joke. If you don’t dwell the air, all it is is a restriction. And they know it, but marketing is a wonderful thing.