• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I got banned on facebook!

I was on there several years ago to keep up with my cousin in England before visiting him, (no pics posted), then "deleted" the account.

For what it's worth, you can never delete your account, it's just deactivated.

You can force them to remove all content you have ever posted. I don't remember the exact process and it takes months of waiting but it can be done. I did it about four years ago. Just got tired of all the arguments ...

FB, Youtube, Google, Twitter, all those monopolistic platforms which claim ownership of content you produce UNTIL they decide they don't want to make money by advertising it need to be turned into public utilities.

That's must my two and I'm pretty sure they aren't worth anymore than somebody else's two.

What's Facebook? No, seriously, I have an account, but I think the last time I logged in was by accident when the damned app popped up on my phone. Forgot to delete it. Most worthless platform I've ever seen for many reasons. App gone. Maybe someday, I'll get back on, but in the meantime life is GOOD!

Anyway, walking away is one of the best things you'll ever do.

My sister got divorced due to FB. The ex high school GF of my bro in law was able to find him and make contact, one thing led to another, then one day he came home from military reserve duty(where he actually did a re meet and re greet with his old flame) and he was acting weird. My sis asked him what’s up, and he looked right at her and said he wanted a divorce with no further discussion about it. 

Im not a big fan of FB. I think it’s stupid that people get on there to let all know what they’re buying from the grocery that’s on sale, and whatever else they’re doing that day. Really dumb, man.

To the original poster, I apologize for derailing this tread from your inquiry about the crown comparisons.

There is nothing wrong with Face Book. It allows all the lemmings to rush over the cliff simultaneously

1585863066_47815975e86599a87b080.80630324.gif

I use facebook minimally, but I believe it and Instagram represent everything bad about the internet. I have several rules I personally follow based on my years in IT.

- FB friends are only family or very close friends. 

- Never friend a co-worker.

- Always set security so that friends of friends can't see anything. 

- Only join groups you need to (school, activities, hobbies).

- Turn off all notifications - they're always 1-2 days behind anyway.

- I only login to Facebook when I want to. I never message FB - send me an email or text.

I created 9 air gun groups on Facebook. I administrate some 11 groups and moderate a 12th and counting. All my old friends and family are on their, with new friends. 426 all told. They banned me on my birthday for a week, last Tuesday, for posting a Winchester saddle gun by daisy. Also mentioned it was a BB gun. AND on my group, " western Airguns & Lore". Wood stocks too.

1585935927_937450495e87763749dbc8.74281110.JPG

IDK what's wrong with this? I clearly mentioned it was an air rifle and shot BB's?

• Wow
Reactions: Billinoregon