• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I got banned on facebook!

All the social media bashing...on a social media platform dedicated to airguns. :unsure:

1699801083567.png

1699801091713.gif

Its amusing how easy it is to get 30, 60,90+ day bans etc on fb. Heck you get into trouble for sharing things that were already on fb but the wrong cry babies saw it. I also dislike how they demand you release your actual name there. Its a dangerous thing at times. I certainly guard what info is out there for all to see.

I only use it to coordinate kayaking, gaming and airgunning. Everything else is a waste of time and energy. If friends need to know whats going on in my life, they are usually there experiencing it with me.
Well it was pretty easy for Gaulithan to get banned from this site, just had to resurrect a zombie thread. Every community has standards they deem acceptable. Users can abide these standards or face the community’s reaction to posts and content.

Reactions: Stubbers
Zuck's an amoral creep, no doubt about it. Reminds me of Musk and his X, for which I have zero use.
yes zuck sucks, but Musk came in like a B2 Bomber and took over a gov controlled propaganda machine,
let that sink in,,, we can read stuff there now , that was censored before by narrow minded controllers.

I do read some on X but Facebook has always been and will continue to be a no fly zone for me.
each to their own mental and spiritual needs

Musk borders on the edge of sanity and he has not only devalued X but made it a hotbed of disinformation. There are actually people out there who get their "news" from X!
And other social media is accurate? Ive got a bridge to sell if anyone believes that.

I've have had FB "fact check" me and deemed things inaccurate,when I know for a fact that it was accurate. One was an environmental tester. They claimed there was no machine that checked atmospheric quality, oxygen, co2 and other gases immediately. I was given a jail time for it. Yet we used them at work and were a requirement anytime we went into confined space, aircraft fuel tanks, underfloor equipment etc. We had to run the test before entering. Once it was deemed acceptable we could enter. If the alarm went off we had to leave the area immediately. Yet FB's "experts" claimed otherwise because it didnt fit the narrative they wanted to allow.

Its all about information control. Sadly too many are zombies. I will always question things, even from factual trusted sources. Its not wise not to.

Well it was pretty easy for Gaulithan to get banned from this site, just had to resurrect a zombie thread. Every community has standards they deem acceptable. Users can abide these standards or face the community’s reaction to posts and content.
Yes but in too many cases those "standards" are not equally used and applied. FB is a GLARING example of such as are many other places. I saw a friend get banned from a page and because the admin was on a power trip, banned him from another page even though he had posted nothing wrong in the second one and even the first was iffy.

Reactions: darylm
Yes but in too many cases those "standards" are not equally used and applied. FB is a GLARING example of such as are many other places. I saw a friend get banned from a page and because the admin was on a power trip, banned him from another page even though he had posted nothing wrong in the second one and even the first was iffy.
This is essentially the same situation with the “blocking” of Gualithan here. Simply replying to an old post by a member with what is regarded as too few meaningful posts since a 2021 join date: is this really suspicious? I don’t know maybe, but the guy didn’t throw racial slurs or religious content into his post which is ACTUALLY listed as a reason to ban.

My point is that ALL of our posts are essentially meaningless, it’s an airgun forum, a hobby. It’s a time waster we all use to fill space between what really matters in our lives.

This is a zombie thread, move on, nothing to see here.

Reactions: dv8eod
Musk borders on the edge of sanity and he has not only devalued X but made it a hotbed of disinformation. There are actually people out there who get their "news" from X!
Way too many get their 'news' from MSM (TV, newspapers, magazines, radio).
HUGE problem. They are not your friend.

To add to my previous post:

I'm not saying the internet has a Halo over it's head.
MSM has a huge presence there too.

All the MSM players have websites (ABCNNBCBSMSNBCPBSBBCFOX etc etc)

Also sites like FB, AOL, Yahoo, Nextdoor, Google, Youtube etc etc

MSM isn't totally useless though. Watch and listen from the right perspective and you can learn volumes watching them scheme.

Reactions: Treefrog