I got a thing for Eastern girls....

I've always loved those Eastern Gals ;-)

1541034311_16601988635bda51474bdf94.96292570_1-6-17 bird n cricket1.jpg
1541034345_15204886125bda51693da6a8.98102041_IMG_0189.JPG
1541034572_9986023475bda524cf28c71.43203329_crickets2.jpg

Sweet collection you got there!!

Those are some nice looking BP's all around. I have a question for shooters who own bull pups; are they primarily hunting/pesting guns, or can you do well from the bench? I've always been interested in the Crickets and the Taipans, but I hesitate to buy one because I'd like to have a rifle I can hunt with as well as plink from the bench. 

I've also heard that scope cant can be an issue to to the elevated height you have to mount the scope from the bore. 

Any comments greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Before I had the Taipan, I put my .22 Eddy Matador R3 head to head with my .22 Red Wolf HP from the bench. Both shooting the RD Monsters. The Eddy shot just as well. I use a anti cant level on any gun that I’m going to get serious at the bench with. I shoot as well or better with a bullpup from the bench. Look at how many bullpups have competed at Extreme Benchrest. In fact, many have won the event.

Going from bench to field is much easier with a bullpup. I sold the RW as it was sooo long especially with a much needed suppressor attached.

Those are some nice looking BP's all around. I have a question for shooters who own bull pups; are they primarily hunting/pesting guns, or can you do well from the bench? I've always been interested in the Crickets and the Taipans, but I hesitate to buy one because I'd like to have a rifle I can hunt with as well as plink from the bench. 

I've also heard that scope cant can be an issue to to the elevated height you have to mount the scope from the bore. 

Thanks!

Personally I feel they are much more comfortable/easy to carry around do to being shorter then a sporter stock. Also for me they are much more easy to shoulder and hold steady if there is no rest. I never noticed the scope mounting as an issue due to its higher mounting position from the barrel. Really though, once I started shooting a bullpup there was no going back for me. I was sold.

Before I had the Taipan, I put my .22 Eddy Matador R3 head to head with my .22 Red Wolf HP from the bench. Both shooting the RD Monsters. The Eddy shot just as well. I use a anti cant level on any gun that I’m going to get serious at the bench with. I shoot as well or better with a bullpup from the bench. Look at how many bullpups have competed at Extreme Benchrest. In fact, many have won the event.

Going from bench to field is much easier with a bullpup. I sold the RW as it was sooo long especially with a much needed suppressor attached.

Thanks for the information. That is quite the endorsement. You are correct. Lots of pups or semi-pups have won EBR. I do use bubble level on my current rifles too, so that should certainly carry over to the pups. 

Looking hard at the Taipan Veteran. Sent an email to Tony at Talon Tunes. He says they are easy to work on and tune. That's always good news from the user end. 

Thanks!

Personally I feel they are much more comfortable/easy to carry around do to being shorter then a sporter stock. Also for me they are much more easy to shoulder and hold steady if there is no rest. I never noticed the scope mounting as an issue due to its higher mounting position from the barrel. Really though, once I started shooting a bullpup there was no going back for me. I was sold.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll say this about these types of rifles; everyone who has one, tends to have more than one, and can't speak highly enough about them. 

That says a lot. 

I'm with Derrick +1 on the anti cant level

I use them on all my guns. Once you get used to using them, the gun feels naked without it! My BP's are every bit as accurate as the long guns.

Jimmy

Both pups sporting them behind rear scope ring

1541120430_12565131475bdba1ae2f0767.23944137_1-6-17 bird n cricket1.jpg

Hey Jimmy, 

How have you been? I know you are a huge fan of your Crickets. I'm still flirting with the idea of getting one in .25 power tuned from Georgia Air Rifles, but I've been watching all the talk about the Taipan Veteran, and also about the new Vulcan, that I think I'm going to keep my eye open for other models. I've just never handled a bull pup before, so it's hard to say if I'll be comfortable with them. 

I will say this though, it would be nice to be able to do some pesting/hunting with a shorter and more well balanced rifle. Even with my Daystate Regal, which has a nice balance to it, walking around with it gets cumbersome after about 30 minutes. How would one attached a sling setup to a bullpup? Single point attachment?

Thanks!

Michael

I would go for the Taipan if I were you. They are really nice guns! I'm not a hunter, but I'm sure it would be easy to sling just about any bullpup.

I shot a few groups with my .22 Cricket pup at 50 yds just this morning. First two on either side of thumb were OK, but that last one was the best.

1541188266_21155047905bdcaaaad48060.22802363_45267299_2243656508979316_5311969599837700096_n.jpg

Just edited this in today 11/5/18.....I lied on the distance......just checked with my range finder and it's 55 yards!!! LOL

Then the next pic (3rd group) doesn't look like much, but there's actually 4 pellets stacked in that little hole with the 5th shot flying just above. When the pellets stack like that they always punch through the metal drum at 30+ foot pounds. That would be my best ever 5 shot group at 50 yds with .22 Cal Kalibrgun Cricket pup.

1541188389_7567989165bdcab25483a09.07973131_45288600_2243656598979307_6540207096896421888_n.jpg

Just edited this in today 11/5/18.....I lied on the distance......just checked with my range finder and it's 55 yards!!! LOL

Hey Costas....nice lookin set of Cricket Carbines ya got there! Heck they all look good!