I get aggravated at myself

I have several really nice rifles and pistols, but I recently realized I am spending most of my time and efforts trying to get the troublesome ones to perform better. Rather than enjoy the accuracy and performance of the good ones it's like I am a social worker for the junk ones, especially pistols. And rarely do i succeed in improves the errant ones. Sorry about the rant. I am considering a garage sale or scrap yard donation.

I understand. When I was into R/C airplanes, I was disappointed when the maiden flight went perfectly. When there was nothing left to improve, I felt let down. We build/tune our performance hobbies to the best of our ability. Once it has peaked, there is no real drive to go back to it.

The key is to know when to stop throwing good money/time after bad. If the project is a dog with no more potential - put it out of your misery.

I understand. When I was into R/C airplanes, I was disappointed when the maiden flight went perfectly. When there was nothing left to improve, I felt let down. We build/tune our performance hobbies to the best of our ability. Once it has peaked, there is no real drive to go back to it.

The key is to know when to stop throwing good money/time after bad. If the project is a dog with no more potential - put it out of your misery.
With RC planes in my shop as well, you couldn't be more right! Some of my $1K+ gliders were nerve wracking to maiden and fly, but now they are just boring.

Try something new, or stretch the rifles legs. There is always something else to get you going.

I just bought a old build, street legal / drag race car.
Trying to both update some things that need updating, and changing things for a few different reasons.

DRIVING me up a freakin wall, the way that the original builder did some things, good drugs I guess...

Not too many guns bother me.
Although I do have a Weihrauch HW100 Bullpup, that I can't get to hold air. Shoots well...just have to fill it...every day.

Mike