I gave him a pass

Was doing my morning coffee/starling watching routine when this guy just popped up into my firing line. I really thought about shooting him, but no need.

1000006736.jpg

I did find out who's been eating all the bait I put out though 😆

1000006737.jpg

He was over there munching on the corn and sunflower seeds I leave out for squirrels and pest birds.

I’ve reached the point where I no longer feel the need to kill everything I see. In my youth almost every animal was a target. I’ve matured and now observing wildlife is more enjoyable that simply shooting it. Unless it’s an animal made of steel. All steel silhouettes definitely deserve a pellet without mercy😂.
Kenny

I’ve reached the point where I no longer feel the need to kill everything I see. In my youth almost every animal was a target. I’ve matured and now observing wildlife is more enjoyable that simply shooting it. Unless it’s an animal made of steel. All steel silhouettes definitely deserve a pellet without mercy😂.
Kenny
I was thinking to myself " you've gone soft old boy". He wasn't hurting anything. Now when he tries to eat mommy's hastas this year, it'll be game on.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I was out practicing and a bunny, ruining my lawn was 15' away from me, I gave it a pass, the Mrs and my grandkids would have killed me if I'd shot it. Now ground squirrels....are toast. The bunnies only visit on occasion now, they moved to safer homes....good idea.

We hadn't seen any bunnies for years. All of a sudden 1 showed up so it always got a pass. Well, now there are 2 bunnies... and you know what that means!! The Mrs has spent a very long time over the last 2 years trying to get the landscape looking the way she wants it. New flowers, plants and bushes everywhere. And now we have bunnies. If/When the bunnies start munching, she's gonna get REAL mad at those bunnies and I may be forced to take action.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein