• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I find this curious?

Recently, I've had a couple forum members "like" my sale ads in the classifieds. Why? Seems a bit odd. I know the asking prices are real good, but if you like it that much , how about buying? LOL! Really no big deal , I was just curious because this seems to be a recent trend.
I think that is just simply an easy way to follow "an ad", not necessarily your ad. It could be your ad and they are not quite ready to pull the trigger and buy. It might be they have a like item to sell and want to see how fast your item sells at you price. There are a number of reasons why someone would be interested in following an ad.
ThomasT

I’ve experienced the same on a couple WTS items. I’ll get an email notification of an ad I placed, my hopes get all amped up, and it’s a thumbs up. Oh well. I guess in a way it’s showing my listed price is realistic. For me personally, I already knew it was a good price as I think on the items I sell I’m realistic on what I think it’s worth and what I can get for it. Sometimes my price is slightly hopeful but if it doesn’t sell in the first cycle I drop the price a bit or decide to keep it rather than take a beating.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
That’s the way I see it. It is a way to point out a good deal without an ability to reply.

Kind of a good thing for the seller.

Dave
I agree with you Dave. I'm a new to the forum, and if I see a sale ad with a bunch of likes from other members, it indicates a few things to me - good seller, a good product being sold, and/or a good price point for the sale. Multiple likes would definitely get me to look into the sale deeper.

@rangur1 I asked the same thing a while back. Some responses mande sense. Others thought I was being sarcastic in asking.

I was recently looking for a way to "follow" an ad so I can find it later. Thanks to this post, now I know how to do that. (If it actually works and isn't some trick to get money out of my non existent PayPal account. ) :LOL:

Just curious - Does a "Like" increase a users rating, reaction score or both? Is it also somehow linked to their Rating?

Edit:...... I just now noticed that you can also respond with the other reactions including a thumb's down. Interesting. I also can't see a way to look up posts that I have liked.

Last edited:
Recently, I've had a couple forum members "like" my sale ads in the classifieds. Why? Seems a bit odd. I know the asking prices are real good, but if you like it that much , how about buying? LOL! Really no big deal , I was just curious because this seems to be a recent trend.
If you want me to dislike your for sale posts I can do that. You know to restore balance in the universe.