I finally have the OK to share this!

Now that the .30 gauntlet has been seen in the wild the guys at Umarex cleared me to share the story. It started just over two years ago. I had tuned a few gauntlet guns, had done a few custom .357 QB builds and was doing .30 conversions on Kral guns when I decided to reach out to Umarex. I had recently seen Brad Webb at RMAC so I contacted him about their interest in a .30 gauntlet. He immediately got me in contact with Steve at Umarex. We chatted a little, shared a few ideas and I pitched them on building a prototype. With the hunting focus they have and having just released the Umarex Hammer they were in. Before I go any further let me be perfectly clear and I mean crystal clear. This isn't a Troy Hammer success story. This is a Umarex success story. It wouldn't have been anything but an idea without Kyle, Steve, Brad , JB and the rest of the Umarex team. They made this a reality and brought it to the market. So back to the story. After the prototype agreement was made they sent me a new Gauntlet in 25 caliber and I began to work. A reg pressure increase, 4500psi bottle, a few valve mods, a redesigned hammer system, a 28" TJ .300 barrel, new probe and some porting gave us a working platform. Once it was finished I flew out to Umarex Headquarters in Ft. Smith Arkansas with the gun. That's where I met Kyle who really got in to the project. He's not only very knowledgeable he's just a great guy. We spent a few days going over and discussing the mods I did and ideas of how to make on mass production. Once the details of the build were primarily set that's where I handed the project back over. Kyle and Steve then made the few improvements you now see and really are the ones who deserve the credit for this success. I'm still super proud that they allowed me to be part of it and just as excited to announce going forward I'm becoming a direct retail dealer of Umarex products and will be offering additional tuning options for the new gauntlet line at thebestairgun.com.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 10.42.11 AM.1650987764.png

Troy,

Understanding your part in the the development of this gun gives it a whole new level of credibility in my mind, Thanks for sharing and congrats on becoming a dealer for another line of airguns.

What I've seen on the Gauntlet .30 so far looks very promising. It appears as though your knowledge of airgun modification and tuning likely put mass production into into the equation early, and allowed Umarex to run pretty quickly using your good ideas.

Troy,

That's a cool story! Congrats to you and Umarex and hope the .30 is a success. Its no surprise to me that you would be one of the driving factors behind this new gun. You are extremely knowledgeable at what you do!! I know this first had as you've worked on a couple of my guns and they came out great. Keep up the good work and look forward to more great stuff from you in the future! :)

Ed

Troy, 😊

congrats on your major involvement with getting a .30 cal PCP into the hands of shooters who choose to spend less than a grand on a single gun. 👍🏼

Your involvement instills the trust that this gun will be another gauntlet thrown down at the sometimes overpriced guns we all lust after....

Great!

All the best to you,

Matthias