I finally got the gun I really wanted

My new .25 FX Impact MKII came today from Ken Hicks at Southern Precision Air Weapons (SPAW). Everything was exactly as it was supposed to be as it always is from Ken. Special thanks because he just got back from his trip to the FX factory in Sweden & got it to me in an amazing 3 days. It’s perfect. Now all I need is some decent weather because taking a few shots out of the bathroom window at a tin can just doesn’t count.

Congratulations to you. I got the FX Impact MKII without the power plenum in .22 cal and really love the ability to tune the rifle and the fairly compact size. What are your plans for the rifle, hunting, plinking or target shooting. Also what kind of tune did you request Ken to do. Thinking about upgrading mine to .25 caliber and installing a power plenum but that is a chunk of money. Bill

1584283137_19320371145e6e3e01b0dc34.40193578.jpeg

I initially contacted Ken because his web site indicated that he did not have the .25 Impact with the 600mm barrel in stock. I wanted that particular one because it would fit in the case with the DonnyFL moderator installed. It's close but it fits just fine. I won't be shooting much over 100 yards so the extra fps that I could get with the 700mm is not that advantageous. It also has the "Power Plenum" which makes the difference even less. He got back to me & said that he could make one for me with the 600mm, which he did. After he told me he could make it, I e-mailed back that I was sending in my order VIA his website because I also bought an extra mag, had him port the gun, upgraded to the DonnyFL moderator and also got a slug liner while I was at it. Ken was super! The scope was one I had sitting around.

Picture above shows it actually happened.

I had some time to try a few shots yesterday. It was a bit on the cold side but calm when I first started. Below are a couple of picts of the groups I shot with the JSB 33.95 gr. pellets. I shot the top picture 5 shot group, looked at it, couldn't believe it until I got close. I then shot the group in the second picture & it was almost as good. Now keep in mind that this was during sight in of the scope with the first 33.95's and at only 25 yards. The earlier use of 25.89 JSB's weren't quite as tight. The wind started picking up & gusting and my efforts at 50 yards to get a final sight in were not so hot. The scope I was using was a freebee when I bought a previous gun. This Impact deserves better & I'll start saving for a scope that will be better, maybe an Element Helix 6-24X50 when they become available in May. The size of the black target dots are approximately the same size in both pictures.

Paul

1584398155_877222045e6fff4bc65df9.09894442.jpeg

1584398168_12471619595e6fff585544a3.97763449.jpeg