• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I finally got an FX Crown and I’m in love!!! Warning graphic photo

I am indeed blessed. My wife is also a shooter. She was almost as deeply involve during put powder burning benchrest day right up until she broke her ankle during a practice day at Sacramento Shooting Center. We were on the 1000 yard berm at the time, and the injury was sever enough that combined with a preexisting neuromuscular disease was enough to cause her to retire from nursing. We've been on the lookout for an activity we could share together that wouldn't demand too much of her physically ever since. As it turns out, air gunning is the perfect answer. One trip to the USI range with me to shoot airgun was all it took. You should seen the grin on her face when she started stacking pellets. Did I mention she's a great shot? So there was no need for any subterfuge when I ordered rifle #2, a RAW TM1000. That'll let us both shoot at the same time. At least that was my raison d etre at the time. Coming up with a compelling justification for #3 is going to take some creativity, but for now, all is good.

@redcrow that’s wonderful:) I’ve yet to get my wife into it, she just seems hesitant lol she really doesn’t like the slaying of cute critters which is mostly what I do so I think she just associates airgun with killing of tiny animals haha. She is in the army, her job is 91F, which is small arms repair so I figured she would be all about it. All in due time I suppose. Do you hunt with the wife at all? 

My wife shares a profound aversion to harming furry critters with yours. Me, well I lost all interest in shooting at creatures who couldn't shoot back in 1968. Long story not worth telling here. So no, we don't hunt. But Judy, was involved in 10 M air gun when we met in '71. She got me started shooting again, and so began a fascination with long guns we've shared for 45 years. She hates it when I brag on her, but the woman has a 1.38" C-C 5 shot group on record, shot with a 6mm BR wildcat at 600 yards. The sheer expense and effort needed to shoot powder burners with < 1/2 MOA accuracy to 1000 yards, just got to be too much, and Judy has a progressive neuromuscular disease affecting her legs So we returned to air gunning just recently. We count ourselves very lucky to have found a mutual interest we can share together, It also makes campaigning for N+1 a lot easier :)

Montana since I live in Hamilton its about 50 miles to get to gull boats and the guy who does the scuba shop isn't there on the weekends or at least wasn't when I was going there I decided to get a compressor. I like having the air supply on demand. I take my airguns when we go camping and it was kinda a pain dedicating a day to get the tanks topped off before the camping trip cause I had to take that day off work to have time to get tanks filled and do other stuff. I don't have to worry about that anymore.