I finally got an FX Crown and I’m in love!!! Warning graphic photo

I got my crown in the mail yesterday, it’s a walnut .25. And man I gotta say I’ve never had so much fun shooting an airgun. You don’t even have to be a good shooter to achieve 70 or even 100 yard shots, the rifle is that accurate. I’ve shot about 4 magazines, 2 of them sighting in and getting used to trigger. I finally got to actually take it out for more then 30 min and my god, I shot so many ground squirrels I couldn’t remember where half of em were when I went to retrieve bodies. About $1900 got to the wallet and a fight with the wife over what she calls a “toy” was so worth it. Who needs a wife anyways when you got this bad boy (or bad girl rather) 

1525830732_3154926095af2544cb7c965.69710985_0FBA9138-39AC-4202-A025-7E365B3FF84A.jpeg

Do what I do to keep the wife happy ... if you know that you are gonna spend about 2 grand on a toy ... make sure that she gets 2 grand to play with also. Otherwise you are headed for one long rocky road.

​Of course all the above goes with the assumption that your wife works and contributes to the family income. If she doesn't work then you have every right as the dominate male to tell her where she can get off at ..... just have a big grin on your face when you say it! And don't forget to duck! :-o

"MontanaFTW"I got my crown in the mail yesterday, it’s a walnut .25. And man I gotta say I’ve never had so much fun shooting an airgun. You don’t even have to be a good shooter to achieve 70 or even 100 yard shots, the rifle is that accurate. I’ve shot about 4 magazines, 2 of them sighting in and getting used to trigger. I finally got to actually take it out for more then 30 min and my god, I shot so many ground squirrels I couldn’t remember where half of em were when I went to retrieve bodies. About $1900 got to the wallet and a fight with the wife over what she calls a “toy” was so worth it. Who needs a wife anyways when you got this bad boy (or bad girl rather)
If you wife told you that either the gun goes or she will leave you, will you miss her?

"Backspin66"That’s why I made a decision 10 years ago, after my divorce. Never going to live with a woman again. Not avoiding them, but not live with them. Now I can buy whatever I want, when I want it. No more bitching about “ are you going to play golf again, I thought we were going shopping :( ”.
Sounds like you've got the problem in hand. lol

I bought my wife a fishing boat to make up for the 2 grand I paid for the rifle. You buy them something nice and they don't use it. Now I am forced to use the boat and the gun. How does a guy win???
Oh, I think I did, I have the best wife.
Congrats on your purchase. I love mine. The stock is so pretty I am almost scared to take it out hunting because the first scratch is coming. I would like to get a protective sock for it if any one knows where you can get one??

Anyways back to the rifle haha, I’m hoping I get off early enough today to be able to measure a for sure 50yards (my initial sight in was just a guess) and get locked in a good sight in, enter the numbers into iStrelok then see how well I can stack pellets at 100yards. I’m excited it’s hard to focus on work. I’m not really good at adjusting the scope with turrets and my understanding of moa is severely lacking so the app helps me figure what ranges are on the mils, it’s cake that way (although I should learn to utilize the turrets) makes it so only guess work is my range estimating and wind speed. If time permits after all that, it’s off to the junk yard to maybe gets some rockchucks n rabbit at some longer ranges :) 

Hi Montana:

My wife once told me: "what is the point on having so many airguns, it´s a huge waste of money buying toys", my answer was: "well honey, let´s put it this way, I could spend all that money having drinks and beers with my friends at striptease bars and coming home at two o´clock in the morning like many of them actually do, or I just could keep spending my money buying airguns and having some relaxing shooting sessions every saturday evening at the range, It is up to you"... well, she kept silence, she thought better and never again questioned me again about my airguns ;)

Congrats on your new Crown, It is a great rifle, I know it because I own the exact same rifle. Enjoy it.

Regards from Mexico
José Palma

Reactions: Glem.Chally
I just never tell her the cost of the things I buy. I have a play money account so it doesn't come out of our joint account.
I couldn't buy any big ticket items from AOA because they don't take PayPal. (The Wife would see the CC statement)
But with PayPal it can come straight out of my play money account. (So she will never know what I spent. :) )

One good thing that came out of that, is I found Utah Airguns! Awesome bunch of guys and gals over there. Best part is they take PayPal!!!!!!!