• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I Finally Did It

I entered the 100 yard club with my FX Impact MKII in .22 caliber. I recently decided to change to JSB Jumbo heavies after watching how well they did for the Air Hunter out of their new FX Dreamlines. They were running theirs at about 860 fps but my rifle is tuned hot and I'm sending mine out at 965 fps. In the video you will see they are flying pretty true. My rifle was shooting way high as you will see in the video and this is not the first time. I have the FX No limit mounts and I think they can be prone to move. I'm at a new section of a dairy farm that has a wealth of birds to shoot at and it is even better in the winter. This was a pigeon that presented itself as I was packing up to leave. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL78P9kT2sM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower

What are you using to record? I'm trying do some recording myself and need some good recording equipment. Was that 60fps or 240fps. What about quality? 1080p?

I am using the Side-Shot and GoPro Hero 5 with an after market Peau lens. For some reason recording at 1080p at 120 fps I was getting dark video at times. I decide to try recording at 2.7k at 60 fps and it is much better. This recording was done at sunset so the light was not the best but it still looks pretty good . During mid day and higher light conditions it is super clear and bright. Bill

Welcome to the club good sir! A good lesson in a few things too. Spotting your pellets in flight and adjusting, well done! The absolute mandatory nature of a good rest for good shooting at distance. Film is an amazing teacher. I stop compromising on good rests around 75 yards. And ill go freehand at fifty and less. But for 75 plus... If I cant get proned out im gonna find something to lean into as i rest on something solid. Im just not stable enough otherwise.

Welcome to the club good sir! A good lesson in a few things too. Spotting your pellets in flight and adjusting, well done! The absolute mandatory nature of a good rest for good shooting at distance. Film is an amazing teacher. I stop compromising on good rests around 75 yards. And ill go freehand at fifty and less. But for 75 plus... If I cant get proned out im gonna find something to lean into as i rest on something solid. Im just not stable enough otherwise.

Definitely need a good rest for those long range shots. I had only saw one other pigeon that evening and missed him. Most of my locations my shots are well under a 100 yards. When I saw that one I could not pass up the chance for a 100 yard shot. My van has no hood to speak of so I took the best rest. Earlier during the evening I was shooting from one location using my new gimbal head on an existing tripod I had. So far I like it when shooting from one position in one general direction. Easier than hauling my bench out and pretty stable too. Bill

1563660014_576875855d338eeeb1e965.10216276_IMG_20190720_174720.jpg

Beautiful scope cam footage.

Using a bipod like the Accu-tac, you can shoot off most any uneven surface due to the independently adjustable legs. With your van, you might be able to use the outside leg straight down and extended, and the inner leg forward/rearward and collapsed. Then take any remaining cant out with the swivel and lock it down. You'll hit more often that way.

Keep at 'em!!

🙂

Beautiful scope cam footage.

Using a bipod like the Accu-tac, you can shoot off most any uneven surface due to the independently adjustable legs. With your van, you might be able to use the outside leg straight down and extended, and the inner leg forward/rearward and collapsed. Then take any remaining cant out with the swivel and lock it down. You'll hit more often that way.

Keep at 'em!!

🙂

Been spending a few coin lately so I bought the gimbal head for my tripod thinking for my situation might be more useful. However if I would get an Accu-tac bipod which model would you recommend. I'm thinking one not big to carry around on the rifle but also enough leg spread to be very stable from the bench. Best of both worlds? Bill

Cool setup bill! I have bobs gun and bipod right now and i will say publicly that accutac beats my harris by a million. Personally i would love it if bobs bipod was about two inches shorter, but im not a big guy Not sure what model it is but im in love with accutac now. Bobs generosity probably cost me at least $300 so far lol, its a must have for me now that i have used it alot.