I feel better. Swapped the R9 in a local trade.

First off, before I get dragged across concrete, the R9 is a friggin' awesome gun. It's deserving of being the gold-standard for air-rifles.
But, if I can't (i.e.) sit up straight in a dream-car, doesn't do much good if I really want to enjoy the ride.

That said, I kinda feel guilty. 

Do you think I ripped him off? I mean, it's even in that awesome green "synth". Who doesn't love plastic?

BONE HUNTER, man, bonus right there. Really rare, first one I've ever seen. People must be hording them.

GamoBoneCollectorBullWhisperIGT177_june2021a.1624570528.jpg

I saw your earlier post about getting the R-9 and experiencing buyer's remorse. I (and many others) may love them but in the end, if it is not to your liking and you prefer what you found then I am happy for you. There are some highly sought-after guns that I have had in the past and simply did not enjoy. I traded or sold them and now have others that work better for me. 

I say good for you and good for him if you both parted happy there is nothing to be sorry for. Win/win.

You can always get an HW98 later and see why those lighter made rifles need some sort of stabilizing with a better stock design (the ambi on a rifle like the HW95Ls and the R9) is not a custom stock in the first place, "one ambi stock fits them all" but in the HW98 you GET IT ALL without the historical sentiment surrounding the late "Beeman" R1 or the R9 you sold.

I still have my R9 but it is only to prove to others the HW95 .177 Plain Jane model I have is WAY better; or just end it and get the HW98.

Put moderately with some feeling.....