• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I effed up buying tanks

I've bought these
(200 bar)
Dye_LT_aluminium_air_system-2.png

and (300 bar)
7019-HP-System-300-Bar-PE-Ninja-Standard-Reg-1-1l-Armotech-ultraleicht_5.jpg

And these are for plug'n'play with painball or hardball equipment that plugs directly into a regulator on the gun...
Can I do something here? Adapters, new valves, anything?
Thanks.

These tank most likely have 5/8" UNF threading. A valve like this https://www.pyramydair.com/product/av-4500-psi-hpa-jubilee-valve-5-8-unf?a=8893 would work. Search Best Fittings UK as they sell good quality similar valves for a bit less.
With those keywords, I got a whole lot further, thanks man, indeed they're 5/8" both the 300 and 200bar .. 5/8" 18UNF to be precise (18 UNF??).
I know I know, it should be illegal to be this noobish, I am a computer guy by day ... Im getting there.
I am looking at this "Non regulated 7/8-14UNF" valve ... stupid question, is 14UNF the length? And thus not compatible with my bottles?

Anyway, this should do it right? (amazon link)

What are you wanting to do with them?

Use them as fill tanks, or attach them to a rifle?

I would think you would be able to find an adapter or something to make things function correctly.
Yes, the 300 bar thing for the Sortie and the two 200's for my Diana Bandit... both guns are 200bar max and I get that I wont get a full fill on the Bandit from the 200 tanks but the price was sooo cheap and the bandit is so small(50cc) its like three mags and change before I have to fill it again, so two 1 liter bottles, even if only 200 bar) will save me many trips upstairs to the compressor ;).

7/8-14UNF means the nominal diameter of the threads is 7/8 inch, the thread pitch is 14 threads per inch and it is a tapered thread - that is what the UNF means. This means the threads jamb together as you screw the fittings together. That is one way to have a leak free joint for high pressure air.

Be careful with fittings from Amazon. You want them to be rated for 5,000 psi, not 2,000 psi or something like that. If you want to see a bunch of variety, go to McMaster Carr. If you are not sure what you are doing, somebody like airtanksplus can keep you out of trouble. Air at almost 5,000 psi can be dangerous if you don't use the right equipment.

Reactions: smith007
7/8-14UNF means the nominal diameter of the threads is 7/8 inch, the thread pitch is 14 threads per inch and it is a tapered thread - that is what the UNF means. This means the threads jamb together as you screw the fittings together. That is one way to have a leak free joint for high pressure air.

Be careful with fittings from Amazon. You want them to be rated for 5,000 psi, not 2,000 psi or something like that. If you want to see a bunch of variety, go to McMaster Carr. If you are not sure what you are doing, somebody like airtanksplus can keep you out of trouble. Air at almost 5,000 psi can be dangerous if you don't use the right equipment.
Not sure where you are getting your info from, but UNF (Unified National Fine Thread) is NOT tapered, it's a parallel thread. That's why there is an o-ring between the regulator and the tank.

That would be a big NO!
It stands for Unified National Fine as in fine thread compared to standard called UNC: Unified National Corase.
Only some pipe threads are tapered.