• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I Drank the Taipan Kool-Aid

I have talked about getting a Taipan for a couple years now. Something would come up and I would spend my money another way. I finally ordered a Taipan Standard 22 from Talon Tunes last Friday and he got it to me yesterday. Pretty fast service even had a UPS delay. I shot the rifle yesterday briefly sighting it in at 40. At first I thought it was little louder than I anticipated. However this morning it didn't seem too loud and If I have my wife shoot it while I walk away 10 yards it is quiet. I was able to shoot this morning several magazines in 5 yard increments out to 55 yards. The wind was blowing in gusts over 10mph but this little rifle shoots really good. I am really impressed with it. I didn’t take the time to set up the chronograph, I feel like I don’t get reliable reads always in my steel building under florescent lights, so I use it outdoors on a tripod. It may have blew over in the wind. Pretty cool little gun, I wish I had of bought this two years ago.

I too, as Motorhead suggest, put a peek insert into the face of the poppet. Makes a very real difference. My application is high power in several different guns and the peek holds up just fine. 
1f609.svg

Knife

@knifemaker Pardon my ignorance, but what is a “peek insert?”

PEEK is a polymer ( plastic) that is very hard and designed to resist impact. The PEEK insert is a modification to the hammer where a piece of this material is inserted into hammer face where it strikes the valve stem. Done to reduce the report of the rifle when fired. I’ve recently done this to a PP750 pistol with great results .

Is this a hard mod to do? Can you describe or PM me with the process to install the peek insert? A picture would be great the next time you take your trigger plate off. 

I have a .25 Long for backyard squirrels and the ping is louder than muzzle report with my KOI LDC. Not bad, but noticeable 

Thanks, Tom