I dont understand and about to give up fx

Thanks for getting this thread back on track, STO. How about obvious questions like, did you bump or drop it? Add a moderator? Use a different air source? Has it been windy?

I also have a FX Dreamtac compact .25 cal. and my reg is set at 150 as well. I shot the hell out of it this weekend and it was performing quite well all day at 50 yds plus. So, if this happens to me I want to know what happened.

I DID remove barrel and cleaned it before i pushed pellets throu those marks are the rifling marks, here is a pic of grouping after cleaning at 50 yards NO moderator still spiraling, aim point is orange square, 3 1/2 inch 1- 16 shot mag
1586209003_11304286625e8ba0eb936708.81222782.jpg

+1 work your way backwards. Double and triple check everything from a possible loose pellet probe, loose barrel liner, loose barrel at the receiver, etc. If everything checks out try indexing the pellet liner (remove and turn 180deg) use the same aiming point at your target and try another shot string without changing any reg or hammer settings. If your pattern moves then you can probably nail it down to a liner issue. Another step I’d strongly suggest is reaching out to FX (FX USA if you’re in the States). Let them know what’s going on and see if a tech can chat with you about what’s going on with your rifle. 

Hi Molder, 

We are sorry you are having issues with your Dreamtac Compact, We would like to sit down and go over any steps you may have missed or overlooked with our Tech's. Please feel free to give us a call our American EST line is 866 639 0772. Or if you would like DM your name, Phone number and we will have someone get in contact with you tomorrow. 

We look forward to speaking with you and finding the best solution for you. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns Customer Service

How did you clean your barrel? If you used a pull through was it a super tight pull? What did you see on the patches when you pulled it through. I know when I clean the liner on my Impact 22 slug liner I use a Patchworm that's so tight I prefer to wear gloves when pulling on the cord but the results are spectacular. Usually some lead flakes but after a couple of more pull through's I'm done. This is after I polished the barrel, should have seen it before the polishing. Just making sure when you say clean you really mean clean. 

jking

What I see and read here sounds like clipping of pellets in the shroud. An easy check is to look into the exit hole for the pellet in the shroud and see if you can see marks of clipping. In most cases these are visible with grey striped marks inside the exit hole when it's clipping.

What chrono were you using to measure this? I've seen some extreme spreads but this sounds like a wrong measurement to me?! Even with a broken regulator I haven't seen these spreads in velocity.

General question: is the compact version with 380mm barrels using the standard assy for the liners (so with the steel sleeve around the liner) or the superlite assembly?

What I see and read here sounds like clipping of pellets in the shroud. An easy check is to look into the exit hole for the pellet in the shroud and see if you can see marks of clipping. In most cases these are visible with grey striped marks inside the exit hole when it's clipping.

What chrono were you using to measure this? I've seen some extreme spreads but this sounds like a wrong measurement to me?! Even with a broken regulator I haven't seen these spreads in velocity.

General question: is the compact version with 380mm barrels using the standard assy for the liners (so with the steel sleeve around the liner) or the superlite assembly?

1586279237_18606949235e8cb3458a4477.91300363.jpg
model f-1 and not clipping the shroud