• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I died One year ago today

You’re a lucky man. Our medical world is amazing. Follow your doctors advice on lifestyle choices and exercise.
December 2019 my aorta dissected (split open) 11 hours of surgery, brought me back twice on the table. Doing fine now. We’re both here for a reason, make the best of it.

A very long story made short, went into the ER with a heart attack and woke up two days later
In the ICU. I had gone into cardiac arrest while in the hospital and being that I was there when it happened is certainly the only reason I am here today. I was “out” for 23 minutes and spent a lot of time in the hospital.
anyway I am grateful to be alive today. Life is short.

also picking up a new shooting buddy😁
View attachment 462849
I went through a heart attack about a year and a half ago. No where near the close call you had. However, the hospital did everything in their power to kill me. Glad you made through and hope your recovery is complete.

My friend did the same 12 times within 30 minutes or so 10 years ago, he later met one of the paramedics and he was very surprised to see him as he had my friend pegged for a loser of those battles.

Little shooting friend look poised to pic up everything that fall to the ground.

The same also took my father away a few months ago, at the age of 89 and with legs that would barely keep him upright.

A long time friend just left us due to a heart attack within the last couple months. We all made a lot of the wrong choices along the way, but still too young to be gone. Be well, and enjoy that new shooting partner...mine is a great spotter....not so hot at being quiet or still after the spotting,lol
1000001930.jpg

In spite of being very fit, 3 years and 5 months ago I died in bed at around 10pm. My wife heard the rattle and my son an Eagle Scout went to work on me. My wife ran across the street to our neighbor, a fire captain home recovering from shoulder surgery. The neighbor took over for my son. A life flight helicopter ride. Hypothermia treatment and a coma later, here I am. The chance of survival having cardiac arrest in the hospital is less than 30% outside the hospital less than 10%. Your brain starts to die in 6 minutes. Congratulations on beating the odds. Remember every day might really be your last.

A very long story made short, went into the ER with a heart attack and woke up two days later
In the ICU. I had gone into cardiac arrest while in the hospital and being that I was there when it happened is certainly the only reason I am here today. I was “out” for 23 minutes and spent a lot of time in the hospital.
anyway I am grateful to be alive today. Life is short.

also picking up new shooting buddy😁
View attachment 462849
Great story to share - thank you!
having been hit by a car doing over 50 while riding my bicycle 17 years back, I can totally relate. Some of us are too mean and or too stubborn to die before we are ready. I like your new shooting buddy!

Last edited: