Beeman I did the unthinkable today, and got out a springeršŸ¤£

yes, got out the old mach12.5 after 'years', cleaned her up and put it through its paces .. actually had fun ..
i completely worked this gun way back when i got it, and got it to shoot fair, it actually shoots about a 1/2" group at 15y pushing crosman 14.3s over 20ft lbs, problem is no scope on the planet can withstand the brutality of the recoil this thing dishes out haha .. if the scope doesnt plain move the internals will come apart, its a matter of trusting it, i never know how long it stay putšŸ˜ but i had fun, was tagging stuff out to 50 np ...

20240329_101855.jpg

20240329_112532.jpg

20240329_112827.jpg

20240329_114412.jpg

20240329_115052.jpg

I switch from springer to PCP all the time.
I really find my PCP almost boring to shoot. The Prod is so accurate and smooth.

Itā€™s nice to have some recoil and challange with a spring gun once in a while.

Liken it to the soul you feel in a M1 Garand vs the vapid modernity of an AR.

I really find my PCP almost boring to shoot. The Prod is so accurate and smooth.

Itā€™s nice to have some recoil and challange with a spring gun once in a while.

Liken it to the soul you feel in a M1 Garand vs the vapid modernity of an AR.
I prefer my springers as well. With that said, I'm purchasing one more PCP in oak and that will be the last of it.....Either a Daystar or a Daystate? I'm really looking to pull the pin on a Brocock but, it ain't beautiful looking.

Try this. I have a D54, it hates scopes . Since I went to Burris rings with the inserts my problem ended. Hector told me they would soak up the vibration from the spring. Seems he was spot on. Try them, they have worked for me.
I put a set of those on a hot 300 WM. Never had any issues with them. They were a pain in the ass to mount, but they worked great

Reactions: dizzums
Try this. I have a D54, it hates scopes . Since I went to Burris rings with the inserts my problem ended. Hector told me they would soak up the vibration from the spring. Seems he was spot on. Try them, they have worked for me.
its like a said with this one, ive destroyed several scopes with it including a utg .. the only scope thats survived it is the beeman on it, and even today i heard a rattle start and sure enough a lens securing ring had come loose .. i just tightened it back .. the guts of no scope will hold in one spot for long either ... thats why i wont use it for pesting, its actually pretty accurate and powerful, but 10-20 shots into it something will give, it just will, brutal recoil ... but i have some insert rings, i may give that idea a go next time i get her out šŸ˜‰

Reactions: bdzjlz
its like a said with this one, ive destroyed several scopes with it including a utg .. the only scope thats survived it is the beeman on it, and even today i heard a rattle start and sure enough a lens securing ring had come loose .. i just tightened it back .. the guts of no scope will hold in one spot for long either ... thats why i wont use it for pesting, its actually pretty accurate and powerful, but 10-20 shots into it something will give, it just will, brutal recoil ... but i have some insert rings, i may give that idea a go next time i get her out šŸ˜‰
Put a peep sight on it. Theyā€™re light enough to survive the recoil and not move around. I really like my Williamā€™s, but youā€™ll have to trim a cut out of the stock to put it on

Reactions: dizzums