• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I did it now. Ordered a RTI Prophet in 22 today

Three of us in this area recently purchased them after having seen it in person at a recent XFT. Obviously we were very impressed. 
I can’t speak specifically for the other two but based on my communications with them around a couple of things we all agree on so far.

First and foremost; 

just shoot the gun.

It is your gun. I get it.

But if you’ve read any threads here asking for HELP! who have taken a (any) new gun which they have no experience and/or experience with and start “tweaking and tuning” on and get out of whack because the internet influencers said to and get frustrated with it as a result, then know you are doomed to be right there with them. 

Trigger. For me, first stage was tooooo long. Takes about 30 seconds and a 2mm Allen wrench to make the pull length to you liking without upsetting other trigger settings.

Ammo. Here is an excerpt from RTI about their intentions for the .22 LR and I couldn’t have said it better.

Standard airgun barrels were never meant for shooting at high velocities (eg. 300m/s) at extreme long ranges (eg. 100m). This is why we developed a custom Lothar Walther airgun barrel for Long Range Pellet shooting. The barrel is capable of shooting JSB Monsters Redesigned (25 grains) at 320 m/s at 100m without loosing the stability of the projectile. The barrel comes as standard with the Prophet.

That’s 1050fps for a 25g projectile with stability. And BTW, the barrel is 1:32” this means the pellet doesn’t even make a full (3/4) rotation when fired. Gregor Kamensek explaines this mentions in one of his YT videos he doesn’t recommend shooting slugs. 

magazines.

I/we purchased magazines from Orion. These are higher capacity magazines and are similar to the way a Benjamin Marauder loads. Lot cheaper than factory. Know they are available in either LH or RH. 

Cheek weld.

You will want to fashion something of a cheek weld. The rear of the breech is very uncomfortable when shooting. RTI really missed it here. I fabricated one from a piece of trim I found at Home Depot. Attached it with a dab of ShoeGoo. Works great. 

Butt plate.

another area RTI dropped the ball. The metal plate has zero traction. I purchased one for an AR15 from Amazon for like $15 and attached it with my favorite adhesive, ShoeGoo. Also works like a charm.

The gun is friggin’ LOUD! You will want a suppressor for it. Most any should do. Since no one sends me anything for free, I don’t feel obligated to endorse one. PM me if you want and I’ll let you know of the ones I know being used that take the bark down. 

I think that about covers it for me. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Reactions: SHOMER
I use the same ol JSB (or FX 18.13) 18.13 pellets that many guns like. Work great.

Yeah, don't be fussing with it, just shoot it. 

The trigger in mine was great from the factory, no adjustments required. The "takeup" on mine is just over 1/8". No need for adjustments. Yes, it IS a bit loud..! As much as I really hated to make the gun longer, I put a short, 0DB silencer on mine. Made quick work of the sound. And agree with the above, the cheek area of the gun sucks. You have to fight to find a comfortable cheek weld. I haven't done anything to mine in that area, though I've thought about a coupla layers of leather. I keep changing the sighting system on mine. Maybe the cheek position thing, I can't get comfortable. I just put a Steiner T332 sight on mine. So far, liking it. Also agree, the butt stock sucks big time. Too short for me, and as has been said, no grip.

One BIG thing that I found...the grip, it's AR-15 based. The steep angle that it puts your wrist at is uncomfortable. I tried a 15° angle and a 0° (vertical from the barrel) grip. I like the 15° grip better. See the ERGO brand of grips. MUCH more comfortable than the AR grip.

Just shoot it, have fun.

Mike

Three of us in this area recently purchased them after having seen it in person at a recent XFT. Obviously we were very impressed. 
I can’t speak specifically for the other two but based on my communications with them around a couple of things we all agree on so far.

First and foremost; 

just shoot the gun.

It is your gun. I get it.

But if you’ve read any threads here asking for HELP! who have taken a (any) new gun which they have no experience and/or experience with and start “tweaking and tuning” on and get out of whack because the internet influencers said to and get frustrated with it as a result, then know you are doomed to be right there with them. 

Trigger. For me, first stage was tooooo long. Takes about 30 seconds and a 2mm Allen wrench to make the pull length to you liking without upsetting other trigger settings.

Ammo. Here is an excerpt from RTI about their intentions for the .22 LR and I couldn’t have said it better.

Standard airgun barrels were never meant for shooting at high velocities (eg. 300m/s) at extreme long ranges (eg. 100m). This is why we developed a custom Lothar Walther airgun barrel for Long Range Pellet shooting. The barrel is capable of shooting JSB Monsters Redesigned (25 grains) at 320 m/s at 100m without loosing the stability of the projectile. The barrel comes as standard with the Prophet.

That’s 1050fps for a 25g projectile with stability. And BTW, the barrel is 1:32” this means the pellet doesn’t even make a full (3/4) rotation when fired. Gregor Kamensek explaines this mentions in one of his YT videos he doesn’t recommend shooting slugs. 

magazines.

I/we purchased magazines from Orion. These are higher capacity magazines and are similar to the way a Benjamin Marauder loads. Lot cheaper than factory. Know they are available in either LH or RH. 

Cheek weld.

You will want to fashion something of a cheek weld. The rear of the breech is very uncomfortable when shooting. RTI really missed it here. I fabricated one from a piece of trim I found at Home Depot. Attached it with a dab of ShoeGoo. Works great. 

Butt plate.

another area RTI dropped the ball. The metal plate has zero traction. I purchased one for an AR15 from Amazon for like $15 and attached it with my favorite adhesive, ShoeGoo. Also works like a charm.

The gun is friggin’ LOUD! You will want a suppressor for it. Most any should do. Since no one sends me anything for free, I don’t feel obligated to endorse one. PM me if you want and I’ll let you know of the ones I know being used that take the bark down. 

I think that about covers it for me. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Right there is what I like to see... great advice and tell it like it is! Advice given and will be taken. The plan is just to shoot it and enjoy every minute of it... thank you!

I use the same ol JSB (or FX 18.13) 18.13 pellets that many guns like. Work great.

Yeah, don't be fussing with it, just shoot it. 

The trigger in mine was great from the factory, no adjustments required. The "takeup" on mine is just over 1/8". No need for adjustments. Yes, it IS a bit loud..! As much as I really hated to make the gun longer, I put a short, 0DB silencer on mine. Made quick work of the sound. And agree with the above, the cheek area of the gun sucks. You have to fight to find a comfortable cheek weld. I haven't done anything to mine in that area, though I've thought about a coupla layers of leather. I keep changing the sighting system on mine. Maybe the cheek position thing, I can't get comfortable. I just put a Steiner T332 sight on mine. So far, liking it. Also agree, the butt stock sucks big time. Too short for me, and as has been said, no grip.

One BIG thing that I found...the grip, it's AR-15 based. The steep angle that it puts your wrist at is uncomfortable. I tried a 15° angle and a 0° (vertical from the barrel) grip. I like the 15° grip better. See the ERGO brand of grips. MUCH more comfortable than the AR grip.

Just shoot it, have fun.

Mike

Again.... some good advice... thanks Mike. 

Thanks to everyone that replied. I cant wait to see and shoot mine!!!! Although I dont have any 25gr 22 pellets (sold out everywhere I've looked) Hopefully the 18gr pellets I have on hand shoot good through it.

I say go with the CARM magazines may take a week or two, But I think the CARM magazines are the best.

Easy to load, I agree shoot it shoot it, The more you shoot it the smoother it gets ,,,, I got the 25 high power shooting the 33 gr JSB at 940 FPS, At 48 yards I like to shoot a hole in a box then see how many times I can shoot the same hole,,, Waiting on fly season, LOL...

Thinking about ordering a 22 barrel, 

Mike

Owners may want to confirm/refute.

the 22lr is one of 3 guns I will be buying come the summer, so it is up there.

One (semi) gripe/worry I have, 

As stated the 22lr version is designed around the JSB 25.39*, Gregor alludes to the fact that JSB have started (maybe now stopped) putting out a deeper based version of the pellet that is not quite as good. my worry/gripe is having a gun based around a particular pellet to this degree.

Please post your findings.

* also what makes it sooo accurate.

Good luck.

Owners may want to confirm/refute.

the 22lr is one of 3 guns I will be buying come the summer, so it is up there.

One (semi) gripe/worry I have, 

As stated the 22lr version is designed around the JSB 25.39, Gregor alludes to the fact that JSB have started (maybe stop) putting out a deeper based version of the pellet that is not quite as good. may worry/gripe is having a gun based around a pellet to this degree.

Please post your finding.

Good luck.

Um...NOT .22lr, (see above in bold) in an air gun. Just .22 cal. The powder fire cartridge is .22lr.

Mike

First, I do NOT have this gun, but I am paying attention. The RTI Prophet for me seems to be on the future purchase radar. 

The most significant thing I have heard is the day to day creep in the RTI adjustable regulator. Orion the Iguana Hunter, has commented on this, and this still seems to be a problem with creep in RTI's Gen 3 regulator. Orion shows in his video an aftermarket regulator I think still under development. 

Links are to the video @Orion about the 3rd party regulator and his shop where you can buy the aftermarket part Orion manufactures for RTI guns.

Orion's shop: https://orioniguanahunter.com/

Video:

https://youtu.be/M1ZuOMiyHvo

I'm aware of the rti reg creep... but sometimes I wonder if some of that isnt self induced. Fx is no stranger to reg creep. When I first ordered my FX dreamline compact I had many members here say just shoot it. Allow it time to break in... and I listened. I didn't touch it until I had a couple of tins through it....after that I tuned it and the little compact has never had the creep issue and shoots like a dream.

Same here...I asked about RTI and members are once again saying "shoot it" I take that as dont monkey with it, allow it time to break in... so that's exactly what I will do.

Congrats! 
Monopod/adj buttplate. Screws into the buttplate, allows access to the hammer spring. 3D printed in the uk. Have not had any reg creep. Only thing I have encountered is with the mags, push the pellet in a bit to prevent it from hanging up and not cycling. Can’t comment on .22 ammo, mines a .30. I recommend you get the barrel removal tool. Makes cleaning the barrel super easy. Also a different case, the original case fits the gun w/o a scope or moderator. Speaking of, the Ronin does very well on mine. 
1D45B677-9902-4B10-A490-E5F7825914FD.1620216593.jpeg

Congrats! 
Monopod/adj buttplate. Screws into the buttplate, allows access to the hammer spring. 3D printed in the uk. Have not had any reg creep. Only thing I have encountered is with the mags, push the pellet in a bit to prevent it from hanging up and not cycling. Can’t comment on .22 ammo, mines a .30. I recommend you get the barrel removal tool. Makes cleaning the barrel super easy. Also a different case, the original case fits the gun w/o a scope or moderator. Speaking of, the Ronin does very well on mine. 
1D45B677-9902-4B10-A490-E5F7825914FD.1620216593.jpeg

I orginally was looking at it in 30cal. Figured I would get the barrel kit sometime later. Care to share any info on your 30? Its favorite pellet, FPE... 

I have a .22LR (from the last batch AOA received) and it’s an awesome rifle. It does seem to be hold sensitive when shooting from the bench. I am still learning it’s idiosyncrasies. It came set up shooting MRD’s at 995 with reg at 165 (NO creep) and I have experimented with speeds from 950 - 1050 FPS. My current tune is 965 with reg at 150 but that could change tomorrow. This thing is so easy to tweak. 

On facebook some of the RTI guys talk about Reg creep, But it seems only in the Prest and not the Prophet. I put a Donnny Tatsu on my 25 caliber, Its quite if standing 10 feet from the gun, But loud with your cheek on the gun shooting, 

Get you a insulation wrap for 3/4 inch PVC , Cut a little for your cheek rest and other for your gun butt, Then upgrade any time you want

Funny thing when all the Reg creep came out I set up a little mirror beside my gun as to watch the Reg, Steady as a rock,,,

Mike