• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin I degassed my Benjamin Marauder and now it leaks.

First time I ever degassed it and now it won’t hold air at all. Is this normal and do I now need to take it apart and replace o rings?
Is it leaking while trying to air it up? If so, cock the hammer back and try to air up. Make sure it is not loaded and on safe of course.

Is it leaking while trying to air it up? If so, cock the hammer back and try to air up. Make sure it is not loaded and on safe of course.
Yes! I was pumping it up and it wouldn’t come up to pressure, finally turned the pump off after 10 minutes and heard it leaking. I’ll try it cocked and see what happens, thank you!

If the o rings are the original ones that came with the gun and you’ve owned it for some time it’s best to swap in all new ones. The marauder only has at most just under a dozen o rings so it’s not an all afternoon job. Cool thing is the o ring sizes are easily available at your local hardware store. It’s been awhile but I’ve seen a list put out on the internet somewhere that lists all the o rings for the marauder. Pick up some 100% silicone oil or grease as you’ll need that to lube the o rings. Do not use any other lube other than 100% silicone!! No petroleum products inside a high pressure air system!

Reactions: 450BM and davhowrd
#1 find the leak, pin point where it is leaking, remove the stock to expose gun chassis, use soapy water if needed, check the gauge and all fittings, remove the shroud and put a balloon or baggie on the end of the barrel wrap tight with a rubber band, make sure the gun is cocked and breach is closed.
#2 once you have pin pointed the leak, tell us where it is leaking, we can tell you what to do at that point.

Reactions: jking and davhowrd
It happens. Lucky for you, the Marauder is easy to work on and after you've been inside once, doing it again loses it pucker factor. I keep a Captain O-Ring kit on hand for each of my guns. Not as cheap as figuring out the sizes and buying them in bulk, but it has everything you need and they're color coded. The last set I changed out after 5 years were still holding air, but were about to give and start leaking. This is the link to the .177/.22 kit I usually buy once every 3-6 years:
https://www.captainoring.com/store/p35/marauderbp17634bp22634.html

Reactions: 450BM
Leaking out of the barrel? How much pressure were you able to build in the gun?

-Matt
It’s leaking around the pressure guage. I’m using an electric pump and I don’t remember what the pressure is getting to, maybe 1500psi? It’s about 10 years old and I haven’t had any problems so it doesn’t owe me anything. I’ll take others advice and replace all the o-rings.

very VERY hard to fill from empty with a hand pump.

try pumping very fast for some strokes with the gun cocked to see if it will seal.

otherwise youll need a quick blast of air from a tank get it to seal back up.
I have a moisture filter on my air system and it builds pressure pretty slowly with that on it. I wonder if I took it off if that would build enough pressure fast enough to fill it? I guess I’ll try!!!

I have a moisture filter on my air system and it builds pressure pretty slowly with that on it. I wonder if I took it off if that would build enough pressure fast enough to fill it? I guess I’ll try!!!
the pressure gage has a o ring under it , maybe snug it up a little ?without any pressure in the gun remove the stock and take a wrench and snug it up just a little more , not too tight ! its a o ring , you dont want to crush it! just leave the gun out of the stock air it up to 2k and check it and check it

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbers
#1 find the leak, pin point where it is leaking, remove the stock to expose gun chassis, use soapy water if needed, check the gauge and all fittings, remove the shroud and put a balloon or baggie on the end of the barrel wrap tight with a rubber band, make sure the gun is cocked and breach is closed.
#2 once you have pin pointed the leak, tell us where it is leaking, we can tell you what to do at that point.

Hatsan factor rc, mine leaks where the pellet goes into the barrel. Its loud when u have the bolt open. Pls help

Hatsan factor rc, mine leaks where the pellet goes into the barrel. Its loud when u have the bolt open. Pls help
sounds like a bad poppet seat, your gun may have come with a spare Nylon poppet seal and O-rings, not hard to do, just make sure to degas the gun first and use Silicone oil or Silicone grease to lube the O-rings before assembly, here's a Exploded view of the gun
note the red circle around the poppet valve and the green lines point to the poppet and the Nylon seal... Copy and save.
factor RC exploded view.jpg

I took the stock off and filled the gun again, enough to make it leak So I could get a better idea where the leak is. There is a a hole on the bottom of the pressure gauge and it seems like the air is coming out of it. Is this a “pressure release” hole? I took the gauge out to look at it closer and not sure if it will reseal now. One of the o-rings came apart. Maybe that’s where the leak was coming from and I just need new o-rings…