• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I created my own RTI magazines

The RTI magazines is something that was somehow of a pain (at least for me) The gun comes with a single one, and I in particular was having accuracy problems because the magazine was causing pellet shavings. I ordered a magazine from CARM magazine and that's the only one I was using so far, great work from Darko on his magazines, but knowing that I was capable of doing them myself I jumped into the task with two improvements in mind, increasing the shot count and also making a left version available.

Also I was thinking changing caliber, and the kit doesn't come with the magazine, now, that problem is solved....

And here is the result, I've designed the RTI magazines for .22, .25 and .30 in both, right and left configuration

.22 - 18 shots
.25 - 16 shots
.30 - 13 shots

IMG_20200901_143203.1598985303.jpg

IMG_20200831_192609.1598985449.jpg

The red one on top was done for my gun, because I need more red right?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the messages! I'm glad you like those. I can't patent this, it's a simple marauder style magazine LOL

I am curious what kind of spring is used to hold and move the pellets into position. The FX magazines use a spring that orients vertically and has tail pieces on each end with one pointing down and the other sideways. I could never find a source of those to make my own FX style magazines. Bill

I am curious what kind of spring is used to hold and move the pellets into position. The FX magazines use a spring that orients vertically and has tail pieces on each end with one pointing down and the other sideways. I could never find a source of those to make my own FX style magazines. Bill

This is the spring, actually is not a spring (not really know how to call it) but it's the internal of a retractable badge, those I use for work. I'm getting excellent results with it, and the design I did ensures 100% that the spring is not going to get lose while in use, the lid will secure everything in place.

IMG_20200902_094305.1599054272.jpg

Regarding the STL, I don't think.

Mod edit: removed sales information.

This is the spring, actually is not a spring (not really know how to call it) but it's the internal of a retractable badge, those I use for work. I'm getting excellent results with it, and the design I did ensures 100% that the spring is not going to get lose while in use, the lid will secure everything in place.

IMG_20200902_094305.1599054272.jpg

Regarding the STL, I don't think so.

Thanks for the info Orion I think you would call that a main spring. That is what I am using too. I harvested some from some cheap wind up toys I bought. Bill

I can’t wait to get mine. Since I had the side lever cocking lever installed I’m not getting any shaving off the pellets but I’d rather have 16 than 10. I’m just hopping I don’t go thru the pellets as I do with my SK19. You’ll be pleased with the new plenum too. Mine’s set at 130 bar and shooting a 33.9 MK2 at between 865 to 880 FPS. By the way it’s me Jamie from Instagram or Bubbleone uTube. 

I can’t wait to get mine. Since I had the side lever cocking lever installed I’m not getting any shaving off the pellets but I’d rather have 16 than 10. I’m just hopping I don’t go thru the pellets as I do with my SK19. You’ll be pleased with the new plenum too. Mine’s set at 130 bar and shooting a 33.9 MK2 at between 865 to 880 FPS. By the way it’s me Jamie from Instagram or Bubbleone uTube.

Hi buddy, nice to see you here too! 

What type of material are you printing the magazine out of. I hope your not using PLA. I personally have had PLA fail when used out in the sun. When it reaches 110 degrees in the sun it likes to start warping. For a magazine printed out of PLA, it only take getting left on the dash board of the truck one time and its junk.

Do not leave it in the sun then ;) I have PETG but I'm not getting good results so far, they are PLA Plus right now, if you left them on extreme heat, they might deform, but that being said, my gun is outside (not in the direct sun) but outside of the house all the time and I haven't had any issues with them. I'll keep trying to make PETG printing well so for future versions I will try to change to PETG, for now, PLA Plus is the material

My entire gun is covered with PLA LOL and again, I'm not leaving anything on direct sun here in Florida

Just found this thread and am interested in your mags as I believe a Prophet LR .22 is going to be my next purchase. Have the PLA mags been holding up for users or are you making them out of PETG now? I live in Kalifornistan and often experience 100+ temps in summer and have a bad habit of leaving my extra Sentry mags in a pouch on the dash but whatever Chinesium plastic material they're made from seems to be OK with exposure to heat.