Other I could use some help

If you like long guns my Avenger (a 25) got a reseal under warranty and hasn't leaked since. I got mine when they were still $300, so several years ago. I like shorter guns, bullpups, so I shoot my 3 P35s a lot more. The 25 and 177 have needed an O-ring or two, the 22 still is getting by with the originals it came with. I will probably not send another PCP back for warranty work again, however. It cost too much and it is too easy to replace O-rings. A google search will find you a video showing how. A decent allen wrench set is about the only tools you need. Less scary to learn on inexpensive ones. My usual source for O-rings is Mr. O-ring and their O-rings last noticably better than the ones that came in my chinese airguns. If you stripped down your DAR and put good O-rings in it there is a pretty good chance you wouldn't need to do it again for years.

I also use .25 for whistlepigs, the slugs (H&N Grizzly) really destroy soft tissue and DRT them.

I am over the moon with my M60b in .25. Affordable, fantastic power, super accurate at 50y (waiting until it warms up a bit here for 100y +) and ergonomic/easy to handle.

I can't recommend the Avenge-X, I can't get behind pot-metal guns.

Reactions: gendoc
For the OP, If you wish to own a PCP air gun, no matter the brand, be prepared to change O rings. Leaks although infrequent, will happen. . . . . .It is normal. The first thing you do when you get a new (to you) gun, is to find a parts drawing and make a list of every O ring and seal that is in use. Then take that list to an industrial supply house and order at least 10 of each size. They are cheap. Then just keep them as spares. Also keep a small supply of silicon oil and silicon grease for the O rings. Do this for every gun you own. Once you get proficient at gun disassembly and assembly, changing O rings and resolving leaks is fast and easy. Getting another gun won't solve your problem. Learn to fix the one you have will.

True,
Bought Max .25 in October 2022, still trying to make a go of it. Problems began when worker failed to tighten shroud stack bolt, next was securing "warranty fix" spacer for unsupported stock center, followed by clipping caused by out-of-round shroud. Currently, two (OEM and replacement) broken valve cores (picture), due to unwanted "self-adjusting" of valve spring threaded cap, as suggested by Nervoustrig. (Firewalker is making a stronger replacement core while I try to purchase OEM from JTS.) Bright side of Airacuda ownership is knowledge gained of internal PCP functioning, my other PCPs don't require any such effort. 45Bravo has a series of YouTube videos which walk viewer step by step thru repairs, a highly appreciated effort. I feel your pain, having several higher end .25 PCPs in the fold, prior to Max purchase, has been a positive. WM
IMG_20240226_144632.jpg

True,
Bought Max .25 in October 2022, still trying to make a go of it. Problems began when worker failed to tighten shroud stack bolt, next was securing "warranty fix" spacer for unsupported stock center, followed by clipping caused by out-of-round shroud. Currently, two (OEM and replacement) broken valve cores (picture), due to unwanted "self-adjusting" of valve spring threaded cap, as suggested by Nervoustrig. (Firewalker is making a stronger replacement core while I try to purchase OEM from JTS.) Bright side of Airacuda ownership is knowledge gained of internal PCP functioning, my other PCPs don't require any such effort. 45Bravo has a series of YouTube videos which walk viewer step by step thru repairs, a highly appreciated effort. I feel your pain, having several higher end .25 PCPs in the fold, prior to Max purchase, has been a positive. WMView attachment 446313
Yeah, we spoke several times on this forum. I’m certainly not as well-versed with this gun as you are. Would you recommend a particular gun for me and Just call this a growing experience?

Rather than continuing to invest in China made low quality and leak prone equipment with no service, support or parts, you coulda, shoulda, just gotten the Marauder. What makes the Marauder the superior choice is the reason you did not get one, it's comparatively older design. Meaning proven, simple, reliable and not prone to leaks and plenty of parts, support and service a phone call away. Factory leak check and accuracy test:

Pellets are a funny thing. Unlike bullets from PBs we cannot just continue to drive them faster. Pellets have a built in speed bump right around 900 fps, give or take some depending on the specific rifle/barrel/pellet whatever. Thus once hitting the speed bump, the only way to get more fpe and more smackdown on critters is to increase pellet weight and to some extent, make a bigger caliber hole in them. The .25 is really good at that. There are some heavier pellets now for .22 and .22 is certainly versatile for it's range of available pellet weights and types but still it comes down to F/A=P, the .25 is just better at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcponly
As has been said, no matter what PCP you have they are going to leak eventually. If you're going to have a PCP you either need to learn how to work on them or pay someone to fix them. You'll also be without the gun while it's being fixed along with the chance it could be damaged in transit or even worse lost. There are videos on Utube that will show you how to work on most of them. Just be careful and go slowly . Maybe take pictures of where parts are located.

Yeah, we spoke several times on this forum. I’m certainly not as well-versed with this gun as you are. Would you recommend a particular gun for me and Just call this a growing experience?
True,
Remember our conversations well, regret pushing this product, sharing experiences now to help others make informed decisions regarding future purchases. Consider myself a novice in regard to PCPs but much farther along than before Max ownership, so there's a silver lining. Hard to recommend without knowing budget, my FX M3 Sniper .25, just over $2K, Taipan Veteran Long and AGT Uragan .25s, just under $1.5K, are highly valued in my collection. Making the jump to higher end PCPs is pricey but a day and night transformation in regard to build quality, customer support and QC. If not comfortable "getting into" the Max, set it aside or sell, your call. WM

I’m just seeing all these messages. Thank you guys and keep sending them if you have any more help for me. I think this gun is worth fixing. I really like it. Not sure if I’m gonna send it out or attempt to do it myself. If I attempt to do it myself, would you just replace every O-ring on the entire gun or try to find the leak?
Some guns are difficult to find the source of leaks. Unfortunately the PP700SA is one of them, but other brands drill small leak detection holes that help identify the source. In the end, it's common sense that wins out Use soupy water and and a small brush to look for bubbles. Like most things, the more of this you do, the better you get at it. You should be prepared to change O rings. In other words, you need the correct tools. Dental tools are very good, but very sharp is bad. If you create a scratch, it is likely to cause a leak and damage new O rings, so be careful. There are O ring tool kits out there to purchase and they are not all the same. You will likely have a whole selection of them in the end. They are inexpensive. Most folks fear to disassemble their guns because they lack confidence they will not be able to reassemble. The only way around that is to just do it, fail, do it again and again until you get it right. That builds self confidence. Remember, if you are fixing it, your looking at just minutes or a couple of hours to fix it. If you send it out, it could take weeks to return or worse.

I hate shot gunning a problem, it is always more expensive and often causes unnecessary repairs and complication. Never fix something that is working. . . . .it's a damn good rule. Remember this forum is a good source for help.

Some guns are difficult to find the source of leaks. Unfortunately the PP700SA is one of them, but other brands drill small leak detection holes that help identify the source. In the end, it's common sense that wins out Use soupy water and and a small brush to look for bubbles. Like most things, the more of this you do, the better you get at it. You should be prepared to change O rings. In other words, you need the correct tools. Dental tools are very good, but very sharp is bad. If you create a scratch, it is likely to cause a leak and damage new O rings, so be careful. There are O ring tool kits out there to purchase and they are not all the same. You will likely have a whole selection of them in the end. They are inexpensive. Most folks fear to disassemble their guns because they lack confidence they will not be able to reassemble. The only way around that is to just do it, fail, do it again and again until you get it right. That builds self confidence. Remember, if you are fixing it, your looking at just minutes or a couple of hours to fix it. If you send it out, it could take weeks to return or worse.

I hate shot gunning a problem, it is always more expensive and often causes unnecessary repairs and complication. Never fix something that is working. . . . .it's a damn good rule. Remember this forum is a good source for help.
That's exactly what Ernest Row says.

I’m just seeing all these messages. Thank you guys and keep sending them if you have any more help for me. I think this gun is worth fixing. I really like it. Not sure if I’m gonna send it out or attempt to do it myself. If I attempt to do it myself, would you just replace every O-ring on the entire gun or try to find the leak?
I just looked, you are 167 miles from me. That’s a little far for me to drive if you need bailed out because something didn’t cooperate when you tried to reseal the gun. I personally think the gun is worth some orings, deburring, and proper lube before giving up on it. I agree that if you are going to own PCP’s, you better learn to work on them. But it’s not always as simple as just being able to take something apart and put it back together. True diagnostics involves looking for things that are causing issues. But trust me, once you know how to take that gun apart and replace any oring you want, you’ll never worry about the ticking clock that all PCP’s have on a leak.

I was just always a little reluctant with that because it’s such an older model gun. Do you think a .22 can handle groundhogs?
I have a .22 marauder shooting 14.3 gr at 1050 producing around 35 fpe.. super accurate no ground hog can withstand that with a well place head shot. Poor thing R.I.P

And I'm sure if I go heavier on the pellet I can be at around 900 feet per second and close to 40 fpe.