Other I could use some help

Good evening. I purchased an Airacuda Max .25 a year and a half ago. This is the first pcp gun I’ve ever owned. . I love this gun but have had several problems and I am now willing to move on if there is a better path. I’ve had clipping problems that I resolved I’ve had air leaks that I have gotten repaired and now today I have another air leak. I’m willing to move onto another gun if there is one out there that is way more dependable and at least as accurate and as quiet as this one is. I am set up with a filling station and scope so all I need is a high-quality gun. I really don’t want to put a price point on it but I use this gun for pesting and family shooting. Key points are something extremely dependable and overly accurate in a .25 caliber.

I am willing to consider. Groundhogs are a problem where I’m at. That’s why I went with a .25.
how about keep the .25 if it is a real slow leak ,and buy a .22 Marauder , nice gun for the family and reliable and tons of aftermarket stuff to add if you wanted.

I was just always a little reluctant with that because it’s such an older model gun. Do you think a .22 can handle groundhogs?
I know quite a few people that use .22 for GH's i have personally taken them with .177 @ around 700 FPS Brain shots only .

Who repaired your previous air leak? If you like the gun and it’s a shooter, maybe just have a meticulous person replace all the china orings with new ones carefully. Then you won’t have to go shopping, debating or take a chance with new issues. All I’m saying is if someone is a little reckless assembling a PCP, sometimes new leaks eventually pop up. Self induced.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Who repaired your previous air leak? If you like the gun and it’s a shooter, maybe just have a meticulous person replace all the china orings with new ones carefully. Then you won’t have to go shopping, debating or take a chance with new issues. All I’m saying is if someone is a little reckless assembling a PCP, sometimes new leaks eventually pop up. Self induced.
I sent it back to Airacuda and they repaired the leak in November. I’ve had two since. Please refer me to someone who is really good and that would be my first choice. Thank you.

Reactions: beerthief
I sent it back to Airacuda and they repaired the leak in November. I’ve had two since. Please refer me to someone who is really good and that would be my first choice. Thank you.
That is something I can’t help you with because I don’t let anyone touch my guns until the new owner opens the box. I know one meticulous guy here that will work on other peoples guns but he’s a FX guy. Hopefully someone will recommend someone. I wouldn’t hesitate to send it to Motorhead because while resealing it, he would clean up any flaws that might cause reliability issues. I don’t know if he’s interested in simple reseals so you’d have to PM him.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
What's your budget? Makes a huge difference in what we can recommend.

If you got 1500 or so to drop on a gun, get a Daystate Huntsman Revere in 22 or 25, or a brocock Sniper magnum.

If you want to stay around 400-500, get a marauder or kral mega.

Don't waste your money on DAR, beeman, hatsan, or some of the diana pcp guns. You obviously don't want to get a budget gun again, especially if you aren't inclined to fix them yourself.

That is something I can’t help you with because I don’t let anyone touch my guns until the new owner opens the box. I know one meticulous guy here that will work on other peoples guns but he’s a FX guy. Hopefully someone will recommend someone. I wouldn’t hesitate to send it to Motorhead because while resealing it, he would clean up any flaws that might cause reliability issues. I don’t know if he’s interested in simple reseals so you’d have to PM him.
I almost recommended Motorhead as well, but im not sure he's back to it yet after the shoulder surgery.

Regarding your concerns about .22 for groundhogs, it’s a long story but my good buddy accidentally killed a deer with a .22 re design.
1000006583.jpg

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Might consider the Avenge-X by Air Venturi. The Avenger has been a popular "starter" PCP for some time, last year they released an updated version, the Avenge-X. Been hearing mostly positive comments from members regarding this new version. Pyramyd Air's Insyder did a YouTube video comparing old and new, check it out, if interested. WM

Reactions: gendoc