I Can't Win

"marcella69"
"Jman2311"So... What capability would this air shotgun give you that you do not already have in your RAW? No sure I understand where you intend to go with this.
Small game hunting is typically effectuated by flushing out game, usually with dogs, and then blasting said game on the run/fly with a shotgun. Do you need more clarification?
I totally agree, flushing out birds, while walking thru a field, letting the beagles flush out rabbits and bring them around, small game hunting is normally done with a shot gun, 12 to 20 gauge and or even a 410.

Using your newly ordered RAW in that same scenario would be quite a challenge and most likely not what it was designed for. I see you using the RAW for target, varmint and small game but from a stationary posted position, not in the traditional small game scenario as described above.

But we use what we have as we like. A short war story. In the 70's I was stationed in Iran. On the weekends we'd go hunting, rock climbing, etc.

On several of our hunting trips, one of us, there were only 3 of assigned down country, would take a 12 gauge loaded with slugs amd,#4 buck shot and walk thru Boar tunnels, tunnels aren't real high, so in a crouched position, in an attempt to Flush out a Boar while the other two would have a 270 or 30/30 and wait for the Boar to emerge.

We were quite successful using this strategy.

The shotgun was a Remington 1100, (automatic) with no plug, 5 rounds, which i hoped i never had to use on a Boar coming at me in said tunnel.

I did kill a Boar with my Bear take down Bow, but never had to defend myself with the Remington. :)

So you can use your RAW for anything you want but it will be quite a challenge and not my weapon of choice in the small game scenario described above.

Different tools for different jobs.

They are beautiful guns, good luck with it when you get it.

"jlc"
"marcella69"
"Jman2311"So... What capability would this air shotgun give you that you do not already have in your RAW? No sure I understand where you intend to go with this.
Small game hunting is typically effectuated by flushing out game, usually with dogs, and then blasting said game on the run/fly with a shotgun. Do you need more clarification?
I totally agree, flushing out birds, while walking thru a field, letting the beagles flush out rabbits and bring them around, small game hunting is normally done with a shot gun, 12 to 20 gauge and or even a 410.

Using your newly ordered RAW in that same scenario would be quite a challenge and most likely not what it was designed for. I see you using the RAW for target, varmint and small game but from a stationary posted position, not in the traditional small game scenario as described above.

But we use what we have as we like. A short war story. In the 70's I was stationed in Iran. On the weekends we'd go hunting, rock climbing, etc.

On several of our hunting trips, one of us, there were only 3 of assigned down country, would take a 12 gauge loaded with slugs, and walk thru the Boar tunnels to Flush out a Boar while the other two would have a 270 or 30/30 and wait for the Boar to emerge.

So you can use your RAW anything, from what i've seen of them, quite a challenge.

Good luck with it when you get it.
Yeah, I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek when I said I can't win. When I see the new flavor-of-the-week I get envious. I'm gonna have to go to confession on that. 

Actually, I would much prefer my new RAW .357 than the air shotgun in question. I live in an area where there really is not a lot of cover from which game can be flushed-out (mostly scrub desert). And the RAW can really reach out and touch some game; unlike the shotgun, which has a much more limited range.

That is not to say that rifles cannot hit moving targets. I shot this in the Navy:

"marcella69"

Judging by your accuracy and your tactless tone here I am going to assume your just not able to be pleased. A .357 HM1000X and an air shotgun are, in every way, 2 different classes of guns. Embrace the gun you have for what it is and not what it isn't. And really. Nobody likes a jerk. You waste everyone's time coming here comparing apples to grapes. Then to say your apples are awesome and suit your needs well. Just stop.

"Jman2311"
"marcella69"

Judging by your accuracy and your tactless tone here I am going to assume your just not able to be pleased. A .357 HM1000X and an air shotgun are, in every way, 2 different classes of guns. Embrace the gun you have for what it is and not what it isn't. And really. Nobody likes a jerk. You waste everyone's time coming here comparing apples to grapes. Then to say your apples are awesome and suit your needs well. Just stop.
I'm sure Marcella was just joking around and everyone needs to relax a bit. There's a place for banter on thee forums too.

"Maineiac"
"Jman2311"
"marcella69"

I'm sure Marcella was just joking around and everyone needs to relax a bit. There's a place for banter on thee forums too.
Haters gonna hate.