• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr I can’t unscrew the CO2 cylinder of the pistol LP1. What’s the problem?

The pistol has not been used for a long time.

DSCN8821.JPG

DSCN8820.JPG

DSCN8818.JPG

I don't believe that is a CO² cylinder, though it could be filled with CO². There should be a hole for a probe to fill it to 250bar high pressure air.
Is there a specific concern you are having that you want to remove the cylinder? It might still be under some pressure.
The pistol was converted by Steyr from PCP to CO2.It doesn’t look like there is CO2 gas in the cylinder. When cocked, the shot does not fire, only the click of the firing pin is heard.I want to return it to its original state, to do this I need to at least unscrew the CO2 cylinder. The cylinder is refilled from the thread side.

DSCN8822.JPG

DSCN8823.JPG

Last edited:
Try here-

My best guess is that it still has some pressure left or maybe reverse threads. Either way, one of the above manuals should help.

Reactions: Ievgen721
was that the pistol that was just up for auction in the last month on Ebay if so, it looked to be never shot
the pistol is HPA-PCP it is marked on the cylinder
there was 67 of these made and very rare, i know 250 were made but only 67 engraved
i would take the barrel cover and barrel off the pistol so you can get a good grip on the cylinder and unscrew it
and they would never take a PCP and convert it to CO2 that would make little sense, they did them the other way around

take the barrel off is my though the tank is just screwed on
http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/SteyrManual_LP1-2.pdf

was that the pistol that was just up for auction in the last month on Ebay if so, it looked to be never shot
the pistol is HPA-PCP it is marked on the cylinder
there was 67 of these made and very rare, i know 250 were made but only 67 engraved
i would take the barrel cover and barrel off the pistol so you can get a good grip on the cylinder and unscrew it
and they would never take a PCP and convert it to CO2 that would make little sense, they did them the other way around

take the barrel off is my though the tank is just screwed on
http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/SteyrManual_LP1-2.pdf
My pistol has never been listed on eBay. Yes, of course I know the history of my pistol.I didn’t know about 67 pieces, I thought there were about 100. but thanks anyway, I’ll try to unscrew it using your method. In my Tau-7, I use a special key to unscrew the CO2 Cartridges that was included with the gun. I also have all the tools that were included with LP1, but for some reason there was no tool for unscrewing the cylinder.

Last edited:
well there was a LP1 BM model in the last month and sold for 1000.00 and i thought that was cheap and it looked new for sure
i saw the hex also but wonder is that to tighten the cylinder or take the cap off
anyway a rare pistol
Yes, the price of 1k is a very good price for such a pistol, a regular LP1 costs about the same. On the Steyr dealer’s website there is now the same one for sale, only the condition is not very good, it costs 1.6k. The normal price of such a pistol in mint condition is about 1.7k+. 1999 MSRP was $1750 according B.Mandrell website.

Last edited:
It isn't left-hand thread, nor should it require a tool to remove. I agree it probably wasn't converted by Steyr from PCP to Co2. The LP1 was one of few Co2 models that evolved at the manufacturer level to PCP; I had an LP1 and a Hammerli model that did.

Just because the gun doesn't fire does not mean it isn't under pressure. The firing valve might be broken, therefore not opening when the hammer/striker falls. That would be a very bad-case scenario, as it would render the problem virtually irreparable.

Hopefully the chamber cylinder is just stuck for whatever reason. Was it me, I'd apply heat to the juncture area, very JUDICIOUSLY. Heat often works wonders with stuck pieces, but I'm always careful to apply just enough heat to break loose the stuck parts without enough heat to melt seals.

Regardless, you'll achieve much better application of force on the chamber cylinder with the barrel/shroud off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ievgen721