Tuning I can arrange modified front part plenum of FX Impact M3

mubhaur, according to your experience - what if you regulate the speed using the valve spring and C1 stopper and you overpower the valve? Still, you need a couple of shots to be back on track if you do not apply any changes to the factory setup?

Dear Seeker,

Things get much better if I tune the gun just short of knee or over power the hammer and restrict the fps with valve. But since I use Impact for various settings and often change the settings, the above setup restricts my ability to quickly do some adjustment without compromising on first few shots.

That is why I opted to old style plenum part. It takes only one shot even if I keep the gun unused for one week. Further the 1st shot is good even if I keep the gun unused for 20 minutes.

In OEM set up I dont get these things in most of the settings.

Bhaur

OK great. I will go to the bank today. Thanks.

Dear NYmike,

Funds have been duly received.

Manufactuting of the part is under process.

If it could be possible I shall try to gift you a regulator piston made of peek.

I hope you will like its performance .

I shall install the plenum part in my M3 for testing before dispatch to be 100% sure that it is working as I desire.

Regards,

Bhaur

Mubhaur I'm waiting on a 720 plenum for my mk2 impact it's taking quite awhile but will this part also fit in mk2 with the 720 plenum it it does I'd be interested in one thanks Mark

I don't want to speak for Bhaur but I'm fairly certain the answer is yes. I hope so because that is my intention for this part as well. As I understand it he has engineered the front plenum part to the earlier Mk I or II specs and the only real differences between this part and a MkIII part are internal. 

Mubhaur I'm waiting on a 720 plenum for my mk2 impact it's taking quite awhile but will this part also fit in mk2 with the 720 plenum it it does I'd be interested in one thanks Mark

Yes it will fit in you mk2 if you use 720 plenum that is made for M3.

Sometimes the internal dia of action of mk2 is a bit smaller. Hence if you want this part, please disassemble the gun and measure the outer dia of front part of mk2 plenum.

https://youtu.be/8o1c1RK9lXw

Bhaur

I don't want to speak for Bhaur but I'm fairly certain the answer is yes. I hope so because that is my intention for this part as well. As I understand it he has engineered the front plenum part to the earlier Mk I or II specs and the only real differences between this part and a MkIII part are internal.

If you have to use this part in mk2 please measure the outer dia of MK2 PP same part as sometimes mk2 part is a bit smaller in dia and then you may face a bit of a headache of removing a bit of material from the outer dia of the part that I will send.

https://youtu.be/8o1c1RK9lXw

What I can do for anyone else who wants to get this part is that I shall test it in my M3 as I have promised to NYmike to be sure about the performance for the peace of mind before sending abroad .

Bhaur

That's a very smart and honest approach.

Thank you but I feel that this is the maximum what I can do to avoid the sending the part back and forth between the countries that may attract much more shipping cost and customs issues.

Bhaur

I have already installed and removed a 720 plenum kit on my Mk II. At present I have reinstalled the original plenum after converting the gun from a .22/700mm sniper to a .177/500mm compact.

The removed 720 part measures 11.96mm. I do not wish to disassemble the gun at this time to measure the original but I'm confident the part you are making will fit. In any case I also have 2 Mk3s I could use it on which is a distinct possibility since the Mk 2 is working pretty well in its current configuration.

I assure you I will not be making any customer complaints or requesting return/refund whatever the outcome. That a transaction like this is even possible I find quite amazing. I have no intention of complicating it further. My motivation in buying this part from you is mostly curiosity and experimentation.

I have already installed and removed a 720 plenum kit on my Mk II. At present I have reinstalled the original plenum after converting the gun from a .22/700mm sniper to a .177/500mm compact.

The removed 720 part measures 11.96mm. I do not wish to disassemble the gun at this time to measure the original but I'm confident the part you are making will fit. In any case I also have 2 Mk3s I could use it on which is a distinct possibility since the Mk 2 is working pretty well in its current configuration.

I assure you I will not be making any customer complaints or requesting return/refund whatever the outcome. That a transaction like this is even possible I find quite amazing. I have no intention of complicating it further. My motivation in buying this part from you is mostly curiosity and experimentation.

Thank you for the positive gesture.

I shall also try to go to reach the maximuum that I can do for you.

If in any of your guns the 720 OEM plenum is working and the front part of plenum of 720 plenum is inserted, mine will also be inserted.

In worst case scenario, in older guns, we need to remove a slight bit of material with sand paper from the front part of plenum that is inserted into the action. This is the only difference .

Since you are alreadt using 720 plenum it means that your action cavity if perfect to receive 720 plenum front part.

So I am confident that you will not face any problem.

Bhaur

Mubhaur I am going to pass for now I haven't got my 720 plenum yet and my gun is shooting really well I don't want to take it apart right now but thank you

I too believe in the saying that if something is not broken, dont fix it.

But still out of curosity I did a lot of upgrades in my RAW HM1000X. R&D took many hours and funds of mine but at the end the satisfaction was worth it.

Further the mk2 with PP has the same issue due to same design.

I hope if you do not face / feel the issue with PP, you will not need it for 720 plenum as well.

Bhaur

I know and I also know the quality of the stuff you have made is second to none I had u send me a plenum for my raw and it's great right now way I have it tuned with more hammer than needs be it's not to bad after burning the first shot but 720 I'd like to be spot on I'm just holding out to take it apart yet at least till I get my plenum

Please take your time. But with my front part of plenum the very 1st shot may still be a bit low but the very 2nd shot is spot on even after few days of putting the gun idle.

Before this mod I had to shoot 3 to 4 pellets to gradually come back to the set fps.

Similarly with OEM front part even after using the gun if I put the gun aside for just 15 minutes then after the 15 minutes the 1st shot had been low. This is a deal breaker specially for hunters and keen shooters.

After modified part even after 45 minutes the 1st shot is within 10 fps of set point.

This is all about it. I understand that many users do not notice it.

Bhaur

NYmike has placed order for one after market front part of M3 plenum. As he has paid a bit more funds, I shall also include a regulator piston made of peek.

Similarly Vetmx has placed order of 2 after market front parts of M3 plenum. He will receive two front parts of plenum and two regulator pistons made of peek as he also transfered a bit more funds further I understand that only one shipment will be charged for one parcel of Vetmx in which there will be two plenum parts and two peek pistons. 

Once plenum parts will be made, these will be tested on my personal M3 before dispatch. 

These parts need some break in period, please don't forget it.

Regards,

Bhaur