• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX I broke my newly acquired Wildcat MK3...please help (Updated - everything is good to go)

Makes sense. I was not going to replace all the O-rings haha. I went ahead and ordered a new valve for the bottle and it comes with the O-ring you are talking about.
I trust you're going to stay way from silicon and anodized aluminum threads. I hope you're going to replace the block also. I tried some silicon on my Maverick, came close to destroying the bottle and the block. I only use Mobile 1 on my guns, and no it won't explode.

I trust you're going to stay way from silicon and anodized aluminum threads. I hope you're going to replace the block also. I tried some silicon on my Maverick, came close to destroying the bottle and the block. I only use Mobile 1 on my guns, and no it won't explode.
Learned an expensive lesson and won't be making the same mistake again. I am replacing the block as well, the part is on its way from Utah Airguns. I want to start fresh with a new bottle valve and new bottle adapter block.

• Love
Reactions: HogKiller
Learned an expensive lesson and won't be making the same mistake again. I am replacing the block as well, the part is on its way from Utah Airguns. I want to start fresh with a new bottle valve and new bottle adapter block.
The guns are really (edit) not all that hard to work on, just follow the Ernst Rowe videos. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdairgunner
The guns are really all that hard to work on, just follow the Ernst Rowe videos. Good Luck.
I have watched all the videos from Ernst on the Wildcat MK3 and watching the Maverick video as well since these two guns are very similar. I feel confident getting my gun up and running as soon as I have the parts in my possession.

Reactions: HogKiller
Update. Got the M12 tool and rethreaded the nipple. Unfortunately it didn’t work because too much material had already come off from previous abuse. After rethreading I screwed on the bottle and put air in the gun and everything went fine. Of course the gun is completely empty prior to this so i had to set the front and rear reg. I set the front reg and then got to taking off the bottle to set the second reg. As i am i screwing off the bottle, it came off with a deafening loud pop. Scared the living crap out of me. I took a closer look and the threads towards the front of the nipple are so worn down that the bottle didn’t have enough room to close the valve safely. Anyway, the entire front assembly aka Bottle Adapter is on its way from Utah airguns and should be here today. I will start fresh with that because this is not safe at all. I imagine had I continued to use it in its current condition, there is very much a possibility the bottle could have blown itself and ripped the threads causing serious injury or worse.

Another thing that happened is the new bottle valve I got from Talon Tunes (https://talontunes.com/shop/300-bar-valve/), the O-Ring that seals against the nipple is already damaged. Reached out to Tony to see what can be done.

I don't believe in curses but this rifle seems cursed. I have spent $300 on top of the price I paid for the gun ($80 for bottle valve, $150 for Bottle Adapter FX Dream-Tac/Dream-Lite Bottle Adapter , $75 for Saber Tactical Bottle Degasser Kit) and still cant get it up and running.

Only thing I have is to wait for the Bottle Adapter to arrive today. Put it on the gun, use the old bottle valve which is in good condition and holding air just fine. Hopefully this will be the end of my problems with this thing.

Last edited: