FX I broke my newly acquired Wildcat MK3...please help (Updated - everything is good to go)

You always take a chance when buying from someone you don't know. First thought that goes thru my head is, why would he be selling that ? Most sales are probably legit, but you never know.
I am with you. It was naive of me to believe what was being sold as “like new” was indeed that. I never try to sell something to anyone that I would not buy. However, I feel that I was taken advantage of and now I am having to pay for my mistake.

Another thing to add to this mess: The gun still has air in its plenum and is sitting in my room. Earlier today I heard a hissing sound and air leaking really loud. I am guessing an O-ring gave up. I am just pissed off because there are 40 O-rings in the Wildcat and it could be any one of them. I do have the entire set available to replacement all the O-rings. Unfortunately i have no idea how to go about replacing them all. I probably don't even have the tools nether the knowledge to carry out the replacement process.

Last edited:
I am with you. It was naive of me to believe what was being sold as “like new” was indeed that. I never try to sell something to anyone that I would not buy. However, I feel that I was taken advantage of and now I am having to pay for my mistake.

Another thing to add to this mess: The gun still has air in its plenum and is sitting in my room. Earlier today I heard a hissing sound and air leaking really loud. I am guessing an O-ring gave up. I am just pissed off because there are 40 O-rings in the Wildcat and it could be any one of them. I do have the entire set available to replacement all the O-rings. Unfortunately i have no idea how to go about replacing them all. I probably don't even have the tools nether the knowledge to carry out the replacement process.
It may have been the regulator releasing the air in the rifle. If you turn the regulator adjust screw in for higher pressure it will release the air in the rifle with the bottle removed. You really need to watch ER's master class videos. When I bought my impact MK2 used I watched every video I could find on how to work on it before I did anything to it along with read everything I could find here on AGN.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdairgunner
It may have been the regulator releasing the air in the rifle. If you turn the regulator adjust screw in for higher pressure it will release the air in the rifle with the bottle removed. You really need to watch ER's master class videos. When I bought my impact MK2 used I watched every video I could find on how to work on it before I did anything to it along with read everything I could find here on AGN.
Okay good to know it was the regulator and nothing else. I cant wait to have the gun up and running. I sold my springers and other PCPs because I just wanted this .30 cal for my needs. I am without a rifle that works

• Wow
Reactions: PasadenaMike
Was the bottle hard to unscrew ? The bottle is aluminium, but is the threaded inlet on the rifle aluminium also ? If it's stainless it could be a Galvanic corrosion . Cross threading is usually visible on the first few threads. That sucks .
Yes it had some resistance when taking off and putting back on. Bottle is carbon fiber outside and aluminum inside i believe. The threads are aluminum because that is the valve that goes in the bottle.

I have a Wildcat BT and encountered the same problem. The first thing I tried was to replace the o-rings that I could. It worked! I was lucky.

In your case, if replacing the o-rings doesn't work, you can blue-loctite the bottle to the gun. When you need to degass the gun, loosen up the Wika gauges. But, if you can, the best thing to do is to get needed spare parts and do it right.

I have a Wildcat BT and encountered the same problem. The first thing I tried was to replace the o-rings that I could. It worked! I was lucky.

In your case, if replacing the o-rings doesn't work, you can blue-loctite the bottle to the gun. When you need to degass the gun, loosen up the Wika gauges. But, if you can, the best thing to do is to get needed spare parts and do it right.
Sorry to be clear on replacing o-rings. What I did was just replaced the o-rings in the CF bottle and where you screw it on on the gun (sorry, I don't know the name of that part). Please don't jump straight to replacing all of the o-rings in the gun.

The other possibility is the Wika gauges, which can be loose and need a bit of tightening because it happened to me, too. So take off the Wika gauge covers and try tightening them.

Hope it helps.

Sorry to be clear on replacing o-rings. What I did was just replaced the o-rings in the CF bottle and where you screw it on on the gun (sorry, I don't know the name of that part). Please don't jump straight to replacing all of the o-rings in the gun.

The other possibility is the Wika gauges, which can be loose and need a bit of tightening because it happened to me, too. So take off the Wika gauge covers and try tightening them.

Hope it helps.
The Wika gauges should not be overly tightened. You just need to push the oring down every time you remove them.

The loctite advice is insane btw.

Last edited:
Buying used has never been for me, unless the product has been discontinued or stock is no longer available.......I can't believe this new trend of buying sight unseen and only saving 10 or 20%.....Folks purchase vehicles and houses sight unseen looking at pictures.

As mentioned, it is an FX and parts are readily available and it will be as good as new.
Problem is saving only 10-20 %. Absolutely foolish and if people wouldn’t pay it those prices wouldn’t even exist. Research is an utmost part of buying used. 1400 is an utter ouch ouch ouch. Not worth even close to that.

Reactions: WoodWelder
Reactions: hgg2k

Hope it helps.
Makes sense. I was not going to replace all the O-rings haha. I went ahead and ordered a new valve for the bottle and it comes with the O-ring you are talking about.

Last edited: