• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX I broke my newly acquired Wildcat MK3...please help (Updated - everything is good to go)

Order the fitting and a new FX valve. Hope a lesson is learned.
Very much learned my lesson. I am frustrated and beating myself over what I did. However it’s too late and damage already done. Whats really adding insult to injury is that I paid $1400 for this used. It came with 3 mags, a $40 moderator, 600 mm .30 cal barrel and 580cc CF bottle. It has seen better days because the gun looks like its been used a lot and shows handling marks. Initial pictures the seller shared didn’t show the finer details that I saw once I had the rifle in possession.

Now I am seeing ads in classifieds for similar MK3 WC in much better condition for $1100 dollars.

Having to pay for the valve and fitting that I assume will cost me another $200 really hurts. Feeling really pissed off to be honest. Should have just paid $1800 for a brand new WC Mk3 Sniper. At least it comes with a 3 year warranty 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Very much learned my lesson. I am frustrated and beating myself over what I did. However it’s too late and damage already done. Whats really adding insult to injury is that I paid $1400 for this used. It came with 3 mags, a $40 moderator, 600 mm .30 cal barrel and 580cc CF bottle. It has seen better days because the gun looks like its been used a lot and shows handling marks. Initial picture didn’t show the finer details which I saw once I had the rifle in possession.

Now I am seeing ads in classifieds for similar MK3 WC in much better condition for $1100 dollars.

Having to pay for the valve and fitting what I assume will cost me another $200 really hurts. Feeling really pissed off to be honest. Should have just paid $1800 for a brand new WC Mk3 Sniper. At least it comes with a 3 year warranty 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not a big deal just a learning expense. Good news is everything can be fixed on these guns and you are now smarter and will be even more clever after you fix it.

Very much learned my lesson. I am frustrated and beating myself over what I did. However it’s too late and damage already done. Whats really adding insult to injury is that I paid $1400 for this used. It came with 3 mags, a $40 moderator, 600 mm .30 cal barrel and 580cc CF bottle. It has seen better days because the gun looks like its been used a lot and shows handling marks. Initial picture didn’t show the finer details which I saw once I had the rifle in possession.

Having to pay for the valve and fitting what I assume will cost me another $200 really hurts. Feeling really pissed off to be honest. Should have just paid $1800 for a brand new WC Mk3 Sniper. At least it comes with a 3 year warranty 🤷🏻‍♂️
OCD,
Don't beat yourself up too much, lots of valuable lessons learned. Looking back at three years in the hobby, bear bit me as much as I bit bear. Nice thing about forum membership, good guys willing to share wisdom and experiences, just have to ask. WM

Reactions: ocdairgunner
Thanks everyone, you all made me feel better.
Ya, stuff happens. A lot of people have blown a regulator right out of the box, taken it apart as soon as it came home, to make it “better” etc…

I agree, probably was already messed up. My maverick was brand new and had a messed up top rail and leaked down slightly.

Buying used has never been for me, unless the product has been discontinued or stock is no longer available.......I can't believe this new trend of buying sight unseen and only saving 10 or 20%.....Folks purchase vehicles and houses sight unseen looking at pictures.

As mentioned, it is an FX and parts are readily available and it will be as good as new.

Reactions: DesertSilver
Buying used has never been for me, unless the product has been discontinued or stock is no longer available.......I can't believe this new trend of buying sight unseen and only saving 10 or 20%.....Folks purchase vehicles and houses sight unseen looking at pictures.

As mentioned, it is an FX and parts are readily available and it will be as good as new.
Lesson learned. I should have stuck to buying new

Second PCP was FX Wildcat MK3 .30 Sniper, Dealer got new from FX Sweden. Turns out was a promotional "loaner" returned to inventory by FX without ever checking to see internals had been badly damaged by unskilled, unauthorized "tuner." FX patched it up, under warranty, but lost all future business by refusing to replace. Yeah, bear bit me. WM

Yea, I messed up and used Super Lube O-Ring silicone on the threads instead of silicone grease. I feel stupid as anything.
Are you sure that you did that to the threads?
There are no moving parts there and the grease should have stayed a long time in there
for any real damage to happen.

You said the airgun was used.
Did you inspect the condition of the threads before the leak you just had?

May have been damaged by the previous owner.
I think that was the case too. Reason I say that is because I was following instruction from AEAC video (FX Maverick tuning) to set my regs to a lower BAR setting. Steve was able to unscrew and screw back his bottle with ease. When I did the same, I could feel the threads catching as if they are either partially seized or were cross-threaded. Anyway, I am in touch with Tony at Talon Tunes. I will be replacing the valve in the bottle and the adapter on the gun that the bottle screws into. So far, its $80 for the bottle valve but have not heard from Tony about the adapter for the gun and its cost.

Waiting game kinda sucks :(

Are you sure that you did that to the threads?
There are no moving parts there and the grease should have stayed a long time in there
for any real damage to happen.

You said the airgun was used.
Did you inspect the condition of the threads before the leak you just had?
I am not sure it was me who did it to the threads. I am very careful with all my toys (Cars and Airguns). I did not ham fist the bottle but like I said in my reply to Rocko, when I took it off the first time, it did not come off as easily as I would have thought. This is when I applied the silicone oil (my mistake) and screwed it back. The bottle sealed fine but something was off as if the threads were already in a bad shape (didn't look closely the first time) because the bottle did not go on as easily as it should have (in hindsight this should have raised a flag something is wrong). Anyway, whats done is done.

I want to start fresh with a new bottle valve and bottle adapter to the gun and get my WC MK3 up and running.

When you say o-ring where is this o-ring? Is it in the bottle? I cant tell looking at it

IMG_0821.png