• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I bought a Winchester 70-45 on eBay,,

1563150827_14802233845d2bc9eb68ce78.08783807_image.jpg
I bought this gun for 400 buck because it had no magazine,, called every where looking for one an nothing, finally call gamo an they just so happen to have a spare in the back that they are sending me for free , so that was awesome but upon further inspection I noticed that there was a little pin laying in the beech block in front of the hammer, so yeah that’s a broken valve stem an I noticed that the port have been enlarged witch that’s ok cause it could use a little more power so I ordered some Teflon an 4 mm pins an gonna make my own that will not break ,I’m not a big Evanix fan but I really love the looks of this gun an it kinda cool to have an Airgun with the Winchester name on it,,lol, gonna try to get it to around 275 fpe for 2 or 3 shots

Yeah I would never pay 800 bucks for this , the seller on eBay even refunded me another 130 bucks cause of the valve stem so I’m in 270 bucks . All my other guns are airforce, extreme big bore, an xp. It’s basically a Evanix rain storm,, the valve stem in all of them are flawed cause of the oring groove in the stem . The stem is 3 mm so the groove is probably only about 1 an half mm. I’ve read post back from 2013 so it’s be going this long an still no solution.. I’m gonna just do away with the oring an use 4 mm pin . It will probably leak a little on every shot but don’t think it will be enough to matter on a big bore. Thanks for commenting 

You will probably be remaking that poppet again, next time use PEEK, it seems to be a better material and every rifle I've used it on... that was never a problem again.

X2, 

PEEK is much better suited for valve parts . The downside is it’s a little tricky to get to seal up and the price is kinda hard to swallow it is after all plastic . 

Yeah I finally finished everything up on it an I can only achieve 217 fpe with 150 cast pellets but I can shoot 6 straight shots with an extreme spread of 10 witch is awesome,, however I can achieve 245 fpe with 350 gr nsa slugs but I like have the mag being it’s the only mag gun I have.. for one it’s only a 20 inch barrel an the valve body has very little space to hold air an also the hammer stroke is short with that being said it’s a hard gun to get a lot of power out of,, but like you said it will kill a deer but I would definitely keep it within 50 yards 

Well I did some crony testing an took it to the range today an I’m very happy with the results,, I can get 217 fpe with the 150 gr pellets at 800 fps with the hammer tension all the way up but it’s a high spread 7 to 8 shots so backed hammer tension down about a quarter an can get 7 to 8 shots with an extreme spread of 11 starting at 760 fps an that’s great for a unregulated big bore so I’m gonna leave it there.. however I can also squeeze a nsa 350 gr in it to an achieve around 250 fpe if I wanted to but I like the mag an want to use it..but I started out at 50 yards an the fist group was about an inch so I started recording an of course it opened up to 2 inches but I noticed a lot of deformed pellets so picked out some good ones an shot a group 1 an half in at 50 ... so moved target out to 100 an shot 2 1 an half in groups at 100 an was really surprised so stared setting up some reactive targets up a 100 an was blasting them on the first shot ,, it’s putting out around the same power as my 909 but the Sam ya

1566098734_4659531155d58c52e2d05e6.03893956_02F812B1-F640-4582-94C1-F8EBC27301F6.png

download.png
1566098734_20126127215d58c52ea3a117.41054059_FBDE37CD-75D4-4F21-88AC-CB375270E3B7.png

ng could never achieve 1 an half in groups at 100 so I’m very happy with results....

I have one of these. After it's first outing it developed a massive leak. That was a year ago, I couldn't get parts. Finally sent it to Will Piatt and got a VM the other day to call, I think it's probably done.

I was shooting the 155 Mr Hollowpoints with it.

Hoping it'll come back delivering 200fpe. W/ an NV scope it'd be perfect for popping deer out my upstairs window. I have a moderator for it too that Neil Clague (sp?) made for it. Pretty quiet.

Overall, not all that impressed, but it'll do for now.