• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I am weak and have no control.

First off let me say that in the past three months I have been getting my foot and ankle reconstruction. So, my activities are heavily restricted. Matter of fact I am writing this from a hospital bed. With all this down time, l have been doing a lot of air gun research, target practice, gun cleaning etc. I have also had a lot of time to blow money. I have bought a Discovery, Fusion, a Hammerli 850 and a mint S&W 79g during this time period. I did shop hard and got good deals, the Disco and fusion were refurbished. So, I am at least trying to be somewhat responsible.
For two years I have struggled with dropping the outrageous coin that Umarex asks for a Walther lever action. Actually for the money they want, each gun should come with a scantily clad umbrella girl to shade the sun and load clips. Anyways, this is gun I really wanted and but thought it would be best to be bought used. Unfortunately, I always just missed getting one on the classifieds and used ones on the auction sites are way over priced. New ones have been out of stock for the better part of 2015. I finally broke down a few months ago when I stumbled onto a new one online and bought it. The next day, I got a call by the business telling me they actually didn't have it in stock. So, after all this buy/don't buy angst and hassle, I said no more, take it off the wish list and forget about it.
Then in November, I get an email saying they are back in stock. I thought "Ugh! here we go again." fortunately the $450 was enough to make me stick to my guns.
Then ​Airgun Depot has a Cyber week deal on the Lever action that comes with a free Colt peace maker+11% off+ free shipping. After four days of deliberation, tossing the deal in my virtual cart and cancelling it four times, I pulled the trigger and bought it. I'm weak. Why do I need so many airguns? I shoot them all regularly, so they don't go unused. I have now completed my collection, I am happy with all my guns and finally getting the Lever action into the collection can allow me to put an end to this purchasing non-sense. Thanks for allowing me to lye on the cyber psychiatry couch for awhile and share my airgun addition problems with you.

You and I should be brothers, I will not say how many air rifles I bought this last week.... Got great deals at Airgun Depot, but ? air rifles is ? air rifles... Along with scopes from UTG.

All are Vortex Hatsen models and all .22 cal....... Oh ya, I bought }#{% loads of pellets.

And yes, got great deals with sales, coupons and free shipping (Black Friday, Cyber Monday) or all this would not have happened !

So you are not alone :- )

wll

Oooo! Hatsan, very nice! They really have a nice line up.

Funny how Black Friday is now Black Thursday-Sunday and ending with Cyber Monday. I have no problem with this. Gives me more time to think about what I want to buy for gifts. I think its time the "Black Friday" name need to be revised to something like November sales fest.​
I'm on a .177, Co2 kick right now.. Why, I don't know.
I must confess, I also bought a Baikal ​MP-512 composite. I wanted a cheap Springer with some character. Not a smooth or quite gun but man, it has excellent accuracy and its a joy to handle. Not to mention the sights are wonderful especially considering the price point for the gun.

Ohhhh so weak.
When my ammo starts running low, I freak out.
I get worried when I go to the sports store to get my bulk CO2 bottles filled and the salepeople are trying to find someone who is qualified to fill them. Only to find one person who did it once. I always end up getting a bottle of gas with no liquid.
I like walking through the Bass Pro airgun isle to get a chuckle out of seeing someone buying a $16 tin of crosman HP's.

Used to? Have your medical issues put a stop to flying? Hope you get out of the hospital soon, not a place fit to be in. Been there and left early amid multiple protesting medical staff LOL, most fun I had while in. The food finally got to me so I called a friend to come and get me. There is a Walther lever. Gun used on a Canadin forum. You got a good deal😂
Rob.

No, the medical condition didn't keep me from flying. I left three years after 911. I got tired of the rough treatment from the company, the long commute home on my days off and the marginal pay. I am much better off now. Everyone of my friends who are still flying have told me at some point that they wish they had the skills or education to do something else.

I did get my Walther in. I like it. Although I expected the cocking lever action to be much smoother then it is. Mine is fine but every review I read, people say it was smooth as glass​. I don't know if the price they command for this gun is justified. Nice, but not that nice.
It is a pellet stacker at 30'. Tomorrow I will get out back and see how it does at 20 yards.