I am loving my HW95 for pests.

It is pouring rain today but the birds have been active. I took two Eurasian doves at 25 yards, which are now in the fridge. One bird was a head shot and didn't move after the shot, he fell down where he stood. His buddy flew, but circled back around and landed back with him. I was shooting though a gate so had to take a lower neck shot on this bird and anchored him.

I have been watching our white headed sparrows at the bird feeder, and then hear a racket. A bunch of European house sparrows moved in and were attacking our native birds and running them off. They sure are aggressive little birds, even attacking the blackbirds. The rain got heavy and they flew into the upper grating of our chicken coop which I have previously ranged at 30 yards. I took two with head shots before the rest flew away.

I am simply impressed with the accuracy from this gun, and it just continues to improve. I was shooting the H&N FFT in .22 caliber. I would take some pictures but I butchered the doves, and fed the sparrows to the cats. I would not mind getting a little .177 for pest birds, but honestly have no complaints with my guns power or accuracy. I am on the watch for more to come in! I have a nice upstairs which makes a great snipers hide :)

I was actually aiming where the neck meets the body, but was shooting at an angle so figured they would end up a little higher in the neck or the head, so some skill, some math and a little luck. I was actually a little surprised as they are not big birds but that .22 stoned them. The doves I try to hit in the head or neck so I do not ruin the meat, they are invasive but tasty.

I had some Starlings out at 60 yards but could not connect, they were pushing my limits with pellet drop and a cross wind. I admit a PCP would be fun for some of the longer shots, especially being able to shoot off sandbags or monopods.

I have not tried any hollow points or wad cutters yet, strictly domes. I want to get some to try, I have seen some videos using the Crow Magnums and the impacts were impressive. I will see if I can find a can of the crows or hunters locally to try out. The ground squirrels are starting to make an appearance and I can not wait to do some pellet testing on them!