• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I am doing this post for Dave who is a disabled veteran.

Dave contacted me through GunBroker when I was selling a couple of my field target rifles. One of them had a beautiful stock made by AZ. He told me he needed a target rifle to compete at 10 m. He will be competing sitting down resting the rifle on a mounted mono pod.

As we’ve all been burned at one time or another by scammers (I have), or we know someone who has, he is a little nervous. I believe we’re past that point now as we’re going to do the transaction shortly. I explained that the field target rifle wouldn’t work for his needs, and told him I would see what I could do.

Without his asking, I am doing this post. I had an older Steyr 10 m rifle in mint condition, That I could of course sell him much cheaper than a new 10 m rifle. It also has a beautiful laminated wood stock, and like me Dave likes wood.

He really wanted a butt hook, but they are very expensive. So I made him one out of Koa, possibly the most expensive wood in the world. It only grows on the Hawaiian islands. 

I am not only doing this post to make Dave more comfortable, I wanted to introduce him to the forum. I have a feeling he could spend some time here and enjoy and learn. My father was a warrior, all of them have earned my respect and thanks.

I am including a decent case, which is the only case I have ever seen that would be long enough to have the rifle fit with the butt hook. I am also including a complete Fill set up for a Steyr, My only one, but it’s easy for me to call Joe B and get another one.

Below is a picture of the rifle with the case, and the extra tube. Also a target I just shot at 10 m so I could get it sited in for him. 

Please welcome Dave to the airgun world!

1567977910_1203173175d7571b676db30.86350657_9C7E0350-97B9-437E-B8C7-AE45BE8627A6.jpeg
1567977911_12271235465d7571b7e43c74.75776784_24C6D8E1-422D-407C-B1EE-1166941A2842.jpeg

Mike

Flintsack, you're a good man with a mighty big heart that encompasses more than just yourself. I am amazed at your care and concern and your willingness to try and assure that Dave gets a gun that he can compete on a level playing ground with. Many disabled vets are not able to get round too well and feel like a square peg in a round hole when trying to make new friends who just don't understand what life can be like for them. I thank you for reaching out to Dave in the manner which you have done. Dave should feel right at home here, there are tons of vets on this forum and there is always room for one more. Tell Dave that Likkity says to come on down, take your shoes off, sit a spell and enjoy some of the comraderie that we have to offer. If he enjoys airguns then he is in the right spot and we will welcome him with open arms.

Love, Live & Laugh

It's a short pony ride

Shalom

As James was inspired to write, "Show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith by my good works." Thank you, Mike, for your outreach to Dave in a concrete fashion! Welcome, Dave, to a great community of sisters and brothers who share an addiction to airguns and genuinely enjoy one another's exploits, adventures, and plain old stories of life.