I am definitely not cut out to set up scopes!

First off have always hated mounting and zeroing scopes. So I don't have a lot of patients with them. So Wednesday afternoon the SK 19 I have waiting for months finally arrived. I already have a scope for it. A 4x16x50 in medium rings. Have enough levels, tools and torque driver to mount it properly, no problem. Eye relief and height felt correct, so time to zero. Should be easy. Set up a box with 1 14x14 on top and 2/3 of another underneath and out 20 yards. One would think you could get a pellet to land on the paper, but no. After serval attempts I move in to about 7 yards and finally got a shot on paper. Wasn't that far off so moved back to 20 and darn could land one on the paper. So okay we will do this the hard way start at 7 and keep going back 2 yards at a time. Lost it again around 18 yards. What the ___! At this point my brain finally started working and realized the magazine wasn't advancing all the time. I knew the gun was tested and tuned before it was sent to me so I didn't think of it before. Guessing the reason was I didn't gh. make sure the pellets were put in far enough, because hasn't happened since. Roughed a zero that evening and retired. Next day when I had some time and stopped laughing at myself. I zeroed it at 30 yards for starters. The trouble is I have no faith in that zero. Haven't found complete comfort in a hold as of yet. Guess just keep shooting. Get reps on the gun and maybe will comfortable and a bit more steady. Any other means. It's like looking thru the scope your body your hands just not lining up in a straight line. 

MTC Cobra scope in UTC medium rings. Was on a another gun for about 50 rounds to prove the scope on that gun had stripped windage gears. Yes have mounted a few scopes without to much trouble. Believe this one got me. Really not the scope but the magazine not advancing to next round with some pretty good timing.

MTC Cobra scope in UTC medium rings. Was on a another gun for about 50 rounds to prove the scope on that gun had stripped windage gears. Yes have mounted a few scopes without to much trouble. Believe this one got me. Really not the scope but the magazine not advancing to next round with some pretty good timing.

@Wall-e-T I’m not sure I understand the problem. If you remove the scope do you encounter any similar issues with the magazine? You may need some high rings. Can you post a couple of photos (from different angles) of how the magazine sits in relation to the scope? I’ve read mixed reviews about MTC optics. Do you know what happened to your windage turret?

I was under the impression that your shots were all over the place the further you moved away from the target while trying to sight in your newly mounted scope. You also mention an issue with the way the magazine advances. This sounds like two separate issues. 

Everyone has done something similar probably more then once. Yesterday I mounted a scope and forgot that I had not tightened the rings. Gun actually grouped pretty good I noticed it when the reticle turned about 20 degrees . And it was really loose. I say you have no problem. It’s only a problem if you can’t solve it. Keep in mind too that scopes do break so some times when all else fails consider just trying another scope. Youtube is your friend. Almost anyone should be comfortable mounting a scope 

Have the MTC working well now. It was all just me being dumb for awhile. (I'm still laughing at myself) Magazine works fine and hasn't missed a beat since I started paying more attention to pushing the pellets in. The scope that the windage got stripped was a Vortex that's on my Prophet. It was mounted and set up by the vendor and apparently took a hard hit on the windage knob during shipping. Had the MTC ordered and ask them to ship it as to try it on the Prophet to determine if the gun needed to be shipped back also. The gun was good and they replaced the scope. Of course they are a business and they wanted to receive the bad scope before shipping a new one. But no hassle of any kind from them. Any way I dialed the MTC in today and it all feels comfortable. Thank you all for the help and support. Eric