I Admit I am a "gear head";wondering if other gear heads also are air gun nuts.

No, airgunners are of all the wrong mentality to be into anything mechanical.
I would have to say the air gunners are from all walks of life. When I read the posts of some guy MFing a scope manufacturer because he pulled the threads fresh out, the first time he installs a scope, I think 🤔 nope not very mechanicaly inclined.

I'm one of the guys that turned a wrench since I was 13. Screwed just about everything mechanical by the time I was 23, was a auto dealer tech since 89 and still one now.

Unfortunately with age turning a screwdriver more than 4 revolutions causes a lot of pain. I too tore down the Notos before I got 30 pellets in it. I hate wrenching on cars yet I have a car lift, compressor, as well as a 7500lb fork lift at my suburban home. 🤪
20131115_164830-1.jpg

But yes I tinker a little too much. When I first got into air guns I think the first week I got a air pump I automated it. But one pump was too slow. So I pumped 2 at the same time.
That wasn't enough so I had to put a water separator on it. I was in the process of putting a auto shut off when I started shoot at the range.
I think it was 2 years before I started thinking 🤔 what if I had two two yong hengs running? Thankfully I ran into a deal with a Bauer. Because one thing I know i am, I am always lazy.

Allen

I am also a "tool freak"they go hand in hand.I wonder if those things have anything to do with buying airguns that can be fiddled with.
Read so many time owners saying the first thing they do when they get a air gun is to tear it apart o_Oor can't wait until they have an excuse to.
Are you one of those people?
LOL, Your thread title brings back some memories.
rQHU6hv.jpg

5w8IsqV.jpg

1KaRNsQ.jpg

uOTfUcM.jpg

InAuuGD.jpg

EhwnU5P.jpg

I would consider myself a "gear head" too, depending upon the gear. I believe that many new things/products, especially well engineered ones rarely require reengineering and often can yield more poor results than what the manufacturer designed. Customization, yes, tinkering, not always. However, I have done lots of tinkering
IMG_20221006_183016592_HDR.jpg
and reengineering of things in the past. The closest things now, are my custom build Mtn. Bikes. But now that I have them tricked out, not much to do but ride them. Kinda like my airguns and motorcycles. However, routine maintenance, keeps the tools warm. :~)
Not as much as I used to be. I have mostly built Ford 4wd trucks, somehow got mostly switched to Toyotas but still have a 77 Bronco and a CVPI. Waiting for warmer weather to replace trans in the Panther. Sold my 73 Bronco after owning it for almost 30 years. I think I have 9.5 vehicles laying around. I sell old Toyota parts to help fund some of my other projects and hobbies.

Reactions: boscoebrea
Being the youngest of 5, I am the one to build, replace or fix everything for the family. From our farm tractors, Gators, cars, trucks you name it. Then I might be at my sisters in Florida replacing their bathroom. Or maybe up north building a pole barn for my brother. Right now I am building/replacing a south wall in the family’s farm barn. My boy and I built a 383 for his Elcamino and I just dropped a big-block in my Camaro. My latest thing is I got into building LIFEPO4 batteries For my boat. Which has 2 gas and 3 electric motors. Overkill ya think!? Ya, every one of my PCPs have been torn down several times. Had my own gunsmith business years ago. Jack of all trades. Master of none. Sorry to run on. But this thread is me!

Reactions: boscoebrea