Hybrid red squirrels!

Took a little walk in my squirrel woods this afternoon and stopped for a rest sitting on a log when I saw the first red menace....ranged him at 65 yards and took the shot dropping him like a rock! Just after that two more popped out and started chattering at him laying dead on the ground. So you know what happened next! Hybrids hit with a very loud pop...more so than any other slugs I hunt with....I'm very impressed with them so far....bumped the Veteran power up to 920 fps today for 41 fpe and still spot on accurate!

James from Michigan 

1576974469_21246177805dfeb885ad06a9.05825964_20191221_153816.jpg

@Bob_O - do they hibernate? We have had just one hitting the bird feeders that my wife keeps out on the deck. S/He (?) is actually kind of fun to watch - uber twitchy little thing - FAST moving - darting about. I've been giving it a pass as it's the only one. I've told her (wife) that if / when I see this one has invited 3 or 4 (or more) of his buddies to start partying on our deck then . . . I'm going to have to thin that little "herd" some. <grin> I've been kind of wondering why only just this one . . . . which leads to another question then. If they do typically hibernate - then why isn't this one??? I'm in south central upstate N.Y. - about 30 miles north west of the Binghamton area. So yeah - winter time and snow here too.

Nice shooting James! Did you get a pass through? or did they mushroom out? That’s great speed out of that gun! My shorty is only managing about 750 as noted before.

Yah they all were pass through's 

The second one jumped just as I squeezed the trigger and just about blew his back leg off...he still died very quickly!

Have my reg set to 140 bar and installed a stiffer hammer spring to get that speed...still has a little more but accuracy started to go away higher than 920fps

James from Michigan 

@jdanvers better watch out because that cute little bugger will chew a hole and take up resistance in your warm attic for the winter! There destructive as hell and are quite mean little sucker's. They will actually chase and try to castrate a fox squirrel ! And where there's one more will come....

I shoot every one I see....

James from Michigan