• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Nope just another sloppily built 2022 Weihrauch model. The first picture shows a bead of slag between the stock bracket that tore up the plastic glide (second picture). The third picture was taken to show how I polished and radiused the cocking foot to prevent galling with the Vortek steel outer guide.
I have only had one experience with a Vortek kit. I have never been able to shoot a hw95 or same gun as a 98.As a last attempt i bought a second hand 95 off the forum I use in the UK. It came equipped with a Vortek kit. Right from the off I was one holing with it. I bot a cs800 stock on it and a (8 barrel and no difference it was as good as my 99 (50). As I prefered the 99 (50) and did not like the CS800 I sold the gun. I am very impressed with the Vortek kit. Very expensive though.
54F84FC5-F599-436F-A021-58DB7157ED4A.jpeg

I have only had one experience with a Vortek kit. I have never been able to shoot a hw95 or same gun as a 98.As a last attempt i bought a second hand 95 off the forum I use in the UK. It came equipped with a Vortek kit. Right from the off I was one holing with it. I bot a cs800 stock on it and a (8 barrel and no difference it was as good as my 99 (50). As I prefered the 99 (50) and did not like the CS800 I sold the gun. I am very impressed with the Vortek kit. Very expensive though.View attachment 340711
You are referring to a 12 ftlb HW95? Thank you

Nope just another sloppily built 2022 Weihrauch model. The first picture shows a bead of slag between the stock bracket that tore up the plastic glide (second picture). The third picture was taken to show how I polished and radiused the cocking foot to prevent galling with the Vortek steel outer guide.
Ron, I have noticed you have had issues with the Vortek tin can kits in several models. Is that the only issue with the HW50 kit? Thank you

That lump of weld spatter would have surely been noticed during the blueing prep process and passed over

Many people in the uk have problems with hold sensitivity probably because the 95 was made for higher power and running it at 11ftlbs plus introduces the sensitivity. The hw80 being the same power plant people find it just as hold sensitive. Its our stupid power laws. Parts of europe are 6ftlbs max.

Many people in the uk have problems with hold sensitivity probably because the 95 was made for higher power and running it at 11ftlbs plus introduces the sensitivity. The hw80 being the same power plant people find it just as hold sensitive. Its our stupid power laws. Parts of europe are 6ftlbs max.
Thanks for backing up everything I've been saying for years. Lots of people think all springers becomes proportionally more accurate to the amount power is reduced.

Certainly not true. There's a limit to how much power can be taken out of a powerplant before the shot cycle too long and sluggish to be accurate. Yes there's ways to greatly reduce power and keep accuracy. Unfortunately you have redesign the rifle with reduced bore, stroke and or internal mass. These aren't exactly cheap or easy to do correctly. Usually you're better off selecting a different springer.

Strike this talking rubbish. I meant the HW 98.

Lovey Walnut stock. I have seen those stocks before and been sorely tempted. I have had many hw99's and most I have had "Custom Stock" CS700 stocked. I am now coming to the opinion that they are best with the original stock. Who makes that stock I forget? Just looked back at thread Macarri I remember now. I didnt read the thread saw the Pic first. Edit again. I run mine at 10ftlb. If its .177 you might try Eress AA or JSB. Dont know about .22 I dont shoot it. If you order a Cs stock they will do Schanbel forends. Look great. Also they will slim the forend to suit the small 99 better. Can look a bit bulky if you dont ask.
Why do you opine the original stock as better?
I don't prefer the schnabel on a CS700, myself. Is the fore end slimmed down on the guns in your first picture. I think I would order skip line but wish the panels were larger. To me the stippling on the forearm of stocks they've done is too far forward. That's not where I put my hand. Ornamental? Not a big deal anyway, I think stippling goes on a target stock and sporters should be checked. I'm building a(nother) sporter. S l o w l y but surely.

Reactions: fishing43