Hi first proper post. Do you guys do the "Fix" on the hw99. On the forum I inhabit mostly in the UK, the hw 99 is a kind of cult rifle. Hated by many but much loved by the enlightened ones who appreciate the accuracy of the rifle once "fixed"This fix is done to stop the dreaded Galling and scraping on the cocking stroke. Do you do the "Fix" on the gun over here.:) Two in Custom Stocks I still have the top gun. Very accurate gun. The barrels beefed up with steel blued Sleeves not Shrouds. Sorry edit I believe known as hw 50s in the States.
A94BB97C-0C73-4388-952C-5969310A2A9D.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe the 99 is the UK version of the HW50. Weihrauch fixed the physical metal grinding with spring loaded plastic block on the longer part of the clocking arm. The noise however often remains. Even on new rifles that have the plastic block. I've found removing the spring from underneath the plastic block eliminates the noise.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
"HW 99" was the original name of this model everywhere, commemorating the year it came out (1999). It has kept that name in the UK ever since.

But Weihrauch re-named it "HW 50" in other markets soon after they discontinued production of their original model of that name, which was HW's first air rifle in the early 1950's. Even though the new and old actions are quite different internally, they are very similar in size and appearance, including the two-piece cocking linkage. In light of the resemblance and historic cachet, HW retained the old name...though it has confused collectors ever since!

The rifle was at first sold as the "Beeman R6" here in the US. Unlike the Doc's earlier "R" rifles, the R6 was just a straight HW 99, no changes to stock, etc.

Last edited:
Hi first proper post. Do you guys do the "Fix" on the hw99. On the forum I inhabit mostly in the UK, the hw 99 is a kind of cult rifle. Hated by many but much loved by the enlightened ones who appreciate the accuracy of the rifle once "fixed"This fix is done to stop the dreaded Galling and scraping on the cocking stroke. Do you do the "Fix" on the gun over here.:) Two in Custom Stocks I still have the top gun. Very accurate gun. The barrels beefed up with steel blued Sleeves not Shrouds. Sorry edit I believe known as hw 50s in the States.View attachment 340427
10BA84F9-BF06-472A-B544-691D9C79F322.jpeg

I’ve not had the need to do any kind of modifications on mine yet; it is in factory shape and shoots and cocks great. I do plan to install an ARH tune kit sometime…

Reactions: maxtrouble
The HW50 is really gaining popularity here. Mine cocks like butter. Has about 1000 through it. Kitted and making 11ftlb. Has a fitted Vortek seal. Ron suggested to get JSB pellets but I haven't done that yet. I think he's making a JSB convert out of me. I don't get to play with my airguns enough.
I like your Thumbhole stocks. IMO their best proportioned thumbhole model is for the '50. I wish the checker panels were larger. Pretty set on getting one with skip line, grip cap, and I want a white spacer added to the butt pad to match the cap.
This one has a Macarri stock and shop made delrin brake. Very accurate with CHP's.
IMG_0202.jpg

Nice looking rifles! I call the HW50 the Goldilocks of the Weihrauch lineup. I have my .22 HW50 kitted out with a custom stock and Vortek PG4 HO kit. Has the same trajectory as my HW30 but hits like a freight train on cans. Cocking is a bit on the heavy side, can be remedied by cocking the rifle swiftly with both arms and then it is easy. I zero all my rifles with open sights at 30 yards just in case the optics every go south. Great, now I want to go shooting!

The HW50 is really gaining popularity here. Mine cocks like butter. Has about 1000 through it. Kitted and making 11ftlb. Has a fitted Vortek seal. Ron suggested to get JSB pellets but I haven't done that yet. I think he's making a JSB convert out of me. I don't get to play with my airguns enough.
I like your Thumbhole stocks. IMO their best proportioned thumbhole model is for the '50. I wish the checker panels were larger. Pretty set on getting one with skip line, grip cap, and I want a white spacer added to the butt pad to match the cap.
This one has a Macarri stock and shop made delrin brake. Very accurate with CHP's.
View attachment 340465
Lovey Walnut stock. I have seen those stocks before and been sorely tempted. I have had many hw99's and most I have had "Custom Stock" CS700 stocked. I am now coming to the opinion that they are best with the original stock. Who makes that stock I forget? Just looked back at thread Macarri I remember now. I didnt read the thread saw the Pic first. Edit again. I run mine at 10ftlb. If its .177 you might try Express AA or JSB. Dont know about .22 I dont shoot it. If you order a Cs stock they will do Schanbel forends. Look great. Also they will slim the forend to suit the small 99 better. Can look a bit bulky if you dont ask.

Last edited:
Its so close in that I have lost my bearings. Obvious the cocking foot that needs smoothing usualy. Is that a pre delrin model with the external tramline damage?
Nope just another sloppily built 2022 Weihrauch model. The first picture shows a bead of slag between the stock bracket that tore up the plastic glide (second picture). The third picture was taken to show how I polished and radiused the cocking foot to prevent galling with the Vortek steel outer guide.