Widely regarded as one of the best springers available.
Love my LK

HW97LK.JPG

Agree with Rob. Having (and continue to) owned several HW97s in various calibers, my recommendation would be to choose one in .20 or .22. I find them to not only be slightly and consistently more accurate, but they the larger diameter pellet packs more knock down power with little trajectory loss at the distances you will likely be shooting.

I have one in .177 with a 12 fpe Vortek kit installed. I chose .177 because I had decided on the lower power version for yard shooting, and figured the .177 would be a bit less noise and recoil, but still sufficient power for bird feeder protection. I haven't been disappointed. I don't shoot mine much anymore because I have a sub-12 fpe PCP that is even quieter and easier to shoot well. But the HW97 has been trouble free and is very accurate if held consistently.

Any thought on the above in .177 as bird feeder protection and general plinking?
Thanks.
HW97's are great rifles, which have a downside of being a bit heavy and cumbersome to shoot. Target/bench shooting -> Yes :) .
I would recommend a HW50S or HW30S based on your more minimal needs/ease of shooting.

HW50S.jpg