HW97K Velocity

I recently bought an HW97K in 0.22 from Airgun Depot. I just tested the velocity with CPHPs (14.3 gr) and got an average of only 634 fps (12.8 fpe). I also tested it with H&N FTTs (14.66 gr) and got 658 fps (14.1 fpe) and JSBs (15.89 gr) and only got 566 fps (11.3 fpe). Are these velocities typical for a new HW97 or did I get one made for the European market? I did the tissue test and it doesn't appear to have a breech seal leak.
Thanks

May depend how far from your crony..

All i can give is this test chart , but every guns different so maybe somthing ball park +/-
hw97blue.png

Also seems like one or 2 others posted a like issue with thete hw's a month or so time.. hmmm...

When guys give you numbers be sure there "as STOCK" parts not tuned parts numbers ..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
Weihrauch's website says 225 m/s (730 fps) for the .22 model. If it is brand new I would shoot a tin of pellets through it and see what happens.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
I recently bought an HW97K in 0.22 from Airgun Depot. I just tested the velocity with CPHPs (14.3 gr) and got an average of only 634 fps (12.8 fpe). I also tested it with H&N FTTs (14.66 gr) and got 658 fps (14.1 fpe) and JSBs (15.89 gr) and only got 566 fps (11.3 fpe). Are these velocities typical for a new HW97 or did I get one made for the European market? I did the tissue test and it doesn't appear to have a breech seal leak.
Thanks
Mine shoots a bit low. I get 635fps with CPHPs. I know that this could fluctuate some depending on how close or far you are from your chronograph. Honestly it seems about right. One thing is for sure. Its accurate as hell. There is a spring kit out there that will increase the power if needed. I have considered it but felt it just shoots to well to mess with. I would rather trust my 97 over some big box store break barrel with 1400fps printed on the box. I know a guy who just picked up one of those. Cannot hit jack with it. I had even given him some heaver pellets in order to tame the thing down. No luck.

Sounds a tad low. However chronographs are not the end all to accuracy, they can vary a bit be it a bright sunny day or cloudy or overcast.
Crossman pellets shoot slower in all my rifles. My 97 gets a bit over 16 fpe with the H and N FTT 14.66 5.54 head size. Put 300 rounds through it and test it again, if it is still low look with suspicion at the crony and or yes the factory seal is well known to be defective as of late. Try to find or shoot over a different chrony to compare. Perhaps a guy hand loading at a local range would let you shoot three shots.
Kit