• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Congratulations on the install! PG4 was my next choice. Was this your 1st install?

I am amazed at the accuracy improvement. It is dramatic! I was happy to hit the edge of a 1/2 inch diameter dot with the factory rig. Now it's a swoosh on most shots. Took like 4 shots OK 5 shots but I hit a teaspoon at 80 yards yesterday. I only changed the spring because I lost power but now I can see why folks just change them as soon as they buy the rifle.

What was your experience with your Vortek install vs stock? Any accuracy improvement? How does that even happen?
Have a PG4 HO kit installed in both my HW30 and HW97K. Have a lifelong friend that has been tuning for a long time. He's quite a resource. I'm an institutional locksmith by trade. The intricacy in locksmithing and gunsmithing are in lockstep. Just different machines. I ring him up for guidance. He knows his stuff. We have some fun slinging lead and talking about old times. I didn't shoot either rifle long in stock form. Accuracy was good both before and after. The kits definitely cleaned up the buzz, boing, vibration, etc. As everything settles in that cleaner/better shot cycle should equate to tighter spread on the chronograph which should make for a more consistent rifle shot to shot. Lot's of variables though. We can have fun working through them. Your mileage may vary. Enjoy the trip!

Reactions: Mycapt65 and Henzo
Have a PG4 HO kit installed in both my HW30 and HW97K. Have a lifelong friend that has been tuning for a long time. He's quite a resource. I'm an institutional locksmith by trade. The intricacy in locksmithing and gunsmithing are in lockstep. Just different machines. I ring him up for guidance. He knows his stuff. We have some fun slinging lead and talking about old times. I didn't shoot either rifle long in stock form. Accuracy was good both before and after. The kits definitely cleaned up the buzz, boing, vibration, etc. As everything settles in that cleaner/better shot cycle should equate to tighter spread on the chronograph which should make for a more consistent rifle shot to shot. Lot's of variables though. We can have fun working through them. Your mileage may vary. Enjoy the trip!
Did you put a thin coat of lube/moly on the inside of the seal/piston chamber? I’ve read everything I can find on this and the other forum and the PA blog.
I received a PG4 kit and new seal from Vortek today to install in my R11. The kit came with the “red and tacky”
lube.
I’ve already cleaned and dried everything really well in preparation.
Which lube do you use….moly or the red stuff?
Thanks for any tips you might give a first time tuner.
Norris

Vortek came with red and tacky? All the Vortek kits I've bought from 2016 to three months ago came with a tan colored grease.
I've used that grease. It works great. Just a light wipe around the seal shoulder and the last inch of the piston skirt. If you put any on the spring use very little. The kits come prelubed. You can use the same grease for the outside of the sliding compression tube. Make sure there's absolutely no grease in the compression tube.

Tells ya right here in there instructions

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/Installation-Instructions ...

Not.

Maybe contact vortek and let them better explain the use of the lubes sent in there kit (red and tacky). Me i just moly as i said but then i don't use vortek stuff..

You ask what we do but that can be any personal preferences. Then if ot aint quite right you snaych it apart and rework and try again .. after several tries youll become pretty darn handy at it..

Tells ya right here in there instructions

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/Installation-Instructions ...

Not.

Maybe contact vortek and let them better explain the use of the lubes sent in there kit (red and tacky). Me i just moly as i said but then i don't use vortek stuff..

You ask what we do but that can be any personal preferences. Then if ot aint quite right you snaych it apart and rework and try again .. after several tries youll become pretty darn handy at it..
My kit didn’t come with instructions….I should’ve looked it up on their website.
There’s a lot of conflicting info out there regarding lubricants and how much to use.
Thanks

My kit didn’t come with instructions….I should’ve looked it up on their website.
There’s a lot of conflicting info out there regarding lubricants and how much to use.
Thanks
Ya, you do your own thing in the end on what you find best for you. Take info you find and pick a start point you like best and work it out to your liking . Dont think i never went back in one . Ill keep going back over my work till im satisfied weather its right off the bat or 3ed times the charm ..lol

Did you put a thin coat of lube/moly on the inside of the seal/piston chamber? I’ve read everything I can find on this and the other forum and the PA blog.
I received a PG4 kit and new seal from Vortek today to install in my R11. The kit came with the “red and tacky”
lube.
I’ve already cleaned and dried everything really well in preparation.
Which lube do you use….moly or the red stuff?
Thanks for any tips you might give a first time tuner.
Norris
My kits came with the tan stuff and I was sufficiently impressed with it that I bought a large container to have on hand. Very light on the application. Also use EWG for various contact/pivot points. https://slip2000.com/products/ewg Exceptional stuff.